Chapter Twenty-Five

It was around ten o'clock when we all sat down. Of course, it was dark but we kept the light on, obviously. We pulled down the shades so that if Sal drove by from the bar, he wouldn't suspect anything. We were all wearing our pajamas so none of us were uncomfortable. Everyone was confused. But me? I was pissed and heartbroken.

"Why did we get called here?" James asked as he grabbed a cup from Brian.

"I need to talk to you guys." I said seriously.

"Oh boy, you should give Brian this job. He was the one who had to explain it to his parents." Joe joked.

Brian and I shot him glares. His smile turned into a flat line as he took a sip from his cup.

"I'm being serious. I have to have some answered questions." I said. They all nodded. I sat up and looked at all three of them. "Why did you guys not look at me or say good morning Monday at work?"

"Easy. We were focused on what we were doing. Another thing was that Sal was giving us hell, so we left. Personally, I didn't even see you walk by! So, if you took that to offense, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. Just I didn't want to deal with Sal and another thing was that I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry about that." Joe apologized.

"I would have to agree with Joe," Brian started. I saw James nod his head. "Sal was being a total douche bag that morning, complaining about everything and even about you. And another thing was I was so focused that I didn't even see you walk by. So, I'm sorry." Brian apologized.

I looked at James, who gave me a small smile. "Listen, I didn't mean to bump into you. I was reading my papers, not paying attention to what was going on. Another thing is that the reason why I wasn't making eye contact with you was because I wasn't in a good mood that morning. I had troubles the night before, I was late to work, Sal was yelling at us, then I bumped into you. So, I'm sorry for being crappy to you." James apologized.

I gave a small smile, then it dropped. "Why was Sal complaining about me?"

"Oh, it's the same old thing sense we, Joe and I, experience the video chat. All about 'why would you let me say that?' 'Why didn't you just smack me across the head?' 'Why am I such a horrible person?' etcetera, etcetera." Brian said.

I nodded my head. "But why did you guys talk about me then? Do you realize I was running the cameras in the back so that means I have an ear piece or even headphones on to hear you."

Joe, Brian, and James all looked at each other. One of them sighed as Brian and James shook their heads.

"I told them afterwards that I knew you would probably be listening. I knew you would because you work on the show! Even if you weren't listening, someone would've told you or at least motioned you to go and listen. I know I may have brought up the question, but I didn't think these two dopes would drag it out. But I did get your text, and you're welcome." Joe said sincerely.

"I take your apology. But I just want to know, did Sal hear any of it?" I asked.

"No he did not, which I'm glad he didn't or else we would've been slapped." Joe answered.

I nodded again. I could feel tears start to prick my eyes. I brought my hands up to my face and let them fall out into my palm. I could suddenly feel arms wrap around me.

"I've never been in so much trouble for a boy." I cried.

"It's all going to be alright." I heard James say.

"Why do I have to be like this? I've never been so...so into Sal since this past month! It doesn't make any sense!" I said, my hands still covering my face.

"You're in love Addison. It's nothing you can control. You're heart wants you to be happy and so far it seems to be the happiest around Sal." Joe said.

"...but why Sal?" I asked.

I felt myself being pulled towards a body. I could only tell that it was Brian from his scent. I cuddled up next to him as I felt my eyes feel tired and heavy from all the crying. Brian rubbed my shoulder as I kept my body close to him. I looked at Joe and James, who were giving me weak smiles.

"Everything is going to be alright, we know it." James said.

I gave a weak smile. "I hope."

Suddenly Joe's phone starts ringing. He excuses himself and leaves the room. I was wiping my eyes with a tissue while I stayed close to Brian. James looked at me, as if he wanted to say something. I have him a look.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just weird to see you up close to Brian like that and also seeing Brian's hair braided." James said as he sat back and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"I did it when we came back from the carnival-"

"You guys went to the carnival!" James asked in shock.

"Yeah...why?" Brian asked.

James slumped. "I really wanted to go."

Then I remembered the gifts. I got up and headed to the front door where I left my bags. I grabbed the bag I got at the carnival and headed back to the room we were all sitting in. Though, as I sat down, Joe didn't look so pleased. I gave a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It was your two shoes boy Sal. He called to tell me that he wanted you to call him. I told him you were busy and that you didn't want to talk to him at the moment so he snapped. So now, he's coming over." Joe replied with annoyance.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath.

"He's meeting with her tomorrow! Can't he just wait?" Brian asked.

"I don't know. He seems to be getting himself into more trouble than he should." Joe responded.

"Well, I guess I'll wait on the gifts then." I said gripping the plastic handle on the bag.

I scooted up next to Brian and rested onto Brian's shoulder. The three guys held a conversation between them as I started to zone out. Brian noticed and wrapped his arms across my back, gently petting my hair and taking small strands to play with. With that, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I fell asleep.