Chapter Twenty-Two

"Addison, where are you?"

"Who is this?" I asked.

I looked up at Sal, who gave me a confused look. 'Who is it?' Sal mouthed. I shrugged.

"Seriously, you don't know who this is? Are you okay Addy?"

Addy? Only one person calls me that. Wait...

"Brian?" I asked.

"Finally you got it!" I heard him on the other side of the line.

"Brian, why are you calling me?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.

I could feel Speckles becoming restless because the least on my wrist was starting to pull. I looked up at Sal and motioned with my head to start walking as I kept the phone to my ear.

"It's nine thirty. I don't know when you left your house but I was going to pick you up early for breakfast. I got here half-an-hour ago and realized you weren't home after I stood on your porch for a good thirty minutes." Brian said.

I froze. "Wait, what time is it?"

"I already said. It's nine thirty." Brian replied.

"Shit." I mumbled. "Um, sorry, I was going for a walk then Sal decided to tag along so we must've lost track of time and-"

"Where are you? I'll come pick you guys up so you can get ready." I heard Brian close his car door.

"Uhh, we are near the entrance of the neighborhood." I answered.

"What entrance? There's two of them." Brian asked.

"If you are facing Sal's house, it would be the entrance to the left." I said.

"Okay, meet you guys in two minutes." Brian hung up.

"Why did Brian call?" Sal asked as I slipped my phone into my pocket.

"He came early so he could take me out for breakfast. Then later we are supposed to hang out for the rest of the day." I said sitting myself down on the sidewalk.

"Oh..." was all Sal said as he sat down beside me.

"We are not going out, you know that. It's not a date." I said leaning my head on Sal's shoulder.

Speckles came over and laid in my lap. I started to pet her as Sal petted Lady who was laying in front of him.

"Plus I like someone anyways..." I mumbled.

"What did you say?" Sal asked.

"N-nothing. Just trying to figure out what I'm going to wear." I lied.

"Okay." Was all Sal said.

I saw Brian's Jeep pulling up, so I got up and wiped my butt. Sal did the same right as Brian pulled up by the curve. He rolled down his window.

"Hey lovebirds." Brian said with a smirk.

I blushed and looked at Sal who gave Brian a glare.

"Do you mind having three dogs in the back seat?" I asked.

Brian brought his glasses down from his eyes and looked over the window to the ground. "I don't see three dogs, what do you-oh, I get it. No, no I don't mind." He answered with a cheeky grin.

I let the dogs in his car then hopped into the passenger side. Sal say in the back with the dogs. We had a quiet ride back to my house, which was fine with me. When we got back, Sal parted off and headed back to his house. I grabbed both my dogs and headed into the house. I unleashed both of them, let Brian sit wherever he wanted while I went to change.

I grabbed a red flower print dress with my white converse. I let my hair down from it's braid, leaving it wavy. I put on a touch of makeup and put my contacts in. Last thing I put on was my white chunky watch and a wide white brim hat. I double checked myself in the mirror before heading back downstairs. I grabbed my clutch, making sure I had everything in it. Last I grabbed my phone, put the dogs in their room, then met Brian at the front door. There we headed out for breakfast.

>><<

Brian drove us to Blank State Coffee and Kitchen. When we got there, we were seated at a table and ordered our drinks. I ordered a Cafe Au Lait and Brian ordered a regular Iced Latte. After we got our drinks, the lady ordered our food, took our menus, then left.

"So, what do you want to do after this?" Brian asked.

"I don't know honestly. Didn't really think about it. Do you have anything in mind?" I asked.

"Well I was thinking maybe we could walk around the carnival that's going on near here, then maybe catch a movie, then after just go to my place and have some dinner and chill." Brian suggested.

I took a sip of my cafe au lait. "Sounds good to me, yeah." I replied with a smile.

Brian gave me a cheeky smile back. Just then our food arrived. I ordered the avocado toast while Brian ordered the black seed bagel. We had a light conversation while we ate and drank our coffees. When we were done, Brian paid for the food and I left a tip. We were now heading for the carnival where we decided not to go on too many rides since we planned on heading to see the new Infinity War.

While at the carnival, we rode one roller coaster, which turned our stomachs into mush. Then we just decided to just spend our money on the regular carnival games. The first one we hit was a water target game. Brian beat me by a centimeter and won himself a plushie of Morty from the tv show Rick and Morty. Me, wanting to win something, headed to another game. Once again, Brian beat me so he grabbed a small plushie of Nemo from Finding Nemo. After a few more games, it was certain I wasn't going to beat Brian at his game. He could see my annoyance so he chuckled and bought another game to play. He picked up the gun and shot the moving ducks and tin cans. Brian hit so many though, that the man was forced to give Brian a grand prize.

"You choose." Brian gestured.

"No, it's your game! You won it!" I said.

"Addy, do you see how many plushies I have? Go, you choose." Brian pushed me forward.

I huffed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked at all the different plushies and having a hard time choosing. I knew I didn't want a huge plush but I also didn't want a tiny, cheap one either. So I looked at the medium sized ones. Then the one I wanted caught my eyes. I pointed at a Winnie The Pooh plush who wore a little sun hat. The man gave it to me and I squeezed it. When we walked away, Brian stopped at a bench.

"Okay Addy, we have a choice. We can leave and go see Infinity War like we talked before or we can stay here and ride some more rides and play more games." Brian said.

I thought about it. I did want to see Infinity War but I really wanted to stay here. Seeing that Brian and I enjoyed it more, and I could tell he didn't want to leave, I told him I would rather stay here. A smile crept up on Brian's face.

"C'mon, let's go to the car, drop off these plushies, then come back in here." Brian said.

So that's what we did. We went back to the car, dropped off our big pile of plushies and started to head back. Brian brought along his camera so he could take pictures when the sun started to come down. I chuckled at his geekiness as we headed back. Since we both knew our stomachs were both settled, we headed on a few more rides.

One ride I really wanted to go on was the log ride, but Brian said no because he didn't want to get wet. Being a big baby though, I refused to listen to him, I gripped his arm hard, then proceeded to drag him to the ride. We took front and center, since I knew the water would come pouring right in front of the log onto us. It was a very short ride, but I knew we would get soaked. As we took the turn, Brian started cussing up a storm making me laugh. Then we dropped and BOOM! the water poured on us as if someone was pouring a bucket of water onto our heads. I laughed really loud while Brian just gave a face of slyness.

Since I dragged Brian to the log ride, Brian drug me to a ride where you rode forward and backwards. I knew I wouldn't like it one bit. But, like I did with Brian, he gripped my arm hard and dragged me to the ride. When we got buckled and clicked in, I could the nerves in my stomach. Brian was amused, I was unamused. I grabbed Brian's hand and squeezed it hard.

Let's just say I screamed the whole time.