Chapter 4. On the way to the base ...

The airfield Shobdon. England. Herefordshire. 13:33 GMT.
It's been 2 hours since Nurkanat left the European Court building. The team arrived in Shobdon on the Airbus A400M. Now they went to the parking lot. Their car was Land Rover Snatch 2. And the team found their car quickly, because it stood out for its military appearance. The team loaded their luggage into the body. Gilles got behind the wheel, Eliza took her front passenger seat. The rest had to huddle in the backseat.
Nurkanat: Maybe I should go to the luggage compartment.
Gilles: I do not advise. The luggage will crush you. Especially yours.
Nurkanat: Mine ?!
Nurkanat did not have any baggage at the moment, because he flew to Strasbourg empty-handed.
Seamus: Yes, your luggage. There's a green backpack, with ... a duffel? Timur, the duffel?
Timur: Well, yes, or Sidor.
Nurkanat began to open his backpack, and the first thing he found was a helmet. Modified assault helmet Vityaz-S, with a wrinkled angular visor and a closed right eyepiece. He remembers this helmet, with all the cracks, dents and the tattered Red Cross sticker on the back of his neck. Near the sticker were the scratched initials of 36 people.
Monika: Nurkanat, what's on the helmet?
Nurkanat: These are the initials of those people whom I managed to save from death. 36 people. On the shield there are simply numbers ...
Nurkanat puts the 7 kg helmet back into the bag, and detaches his shield Vant-VM from the backpack with an armored artifact. On the shield on the inside there was an aluminum plate, with scrawled figures and with the words:
The Mujahideen 23
Pridnestrovians 16
Ossetians 11
Georgians 56
The Slovenes 24
Yugoslavians 13
Croats 32
Ingushetia 14
Bosnians 22
Tajikistan 9
Chechens 68
Russian 126
Arabs 43
Congoleses 20
Macedonians 25
Americans 39
Taliban 57
Kurds 31
Somalis 35
Lebanese 22
The Israelites 18
Englishmen 17
The Egyptians 45
Kyrgyz 4
Kazakhs 16
Ukrainians 33
Seamus: What is this?
Seamus points to the plate in the shield.
Nurkanat: This is the number of people I killed. And that ... 819 people.
This figure surprised everyone. Especially Timur, because he looked at the number of killed Russians: 126.
Timur: What is this ?! 126 killed?
Nurkanat: They deserve it ...
Nurkanat said these words in hatred in his rude voice. Timur decided to keep silent. Nurkanat re-attached the heavy shield to the backpack.
Gilles: Nurkanat, what are you taking on yourself? A backpack without a shield weighed about 60 kg. And with a shield in general 85 kg.
Nurkanat: So, wait ... assault bulletproof vest 6ShB-15 Modified - 20 kg ...
Eliza: What? 20 kg? Gilles, how much did your bulletproof vest weigh?
Gilles: 15 kg, and then a maximum.
Nurkanat: ... helmet Vityaz-C Modified - 7 kg, case with armored plate for protection of the groin - 5 kg, set for foot protection, well there are legguards, knee protectors and shin protectors - 7 kg each, a set for protection of hands - 5 kg each and a crown BZT-75C shield for the right hand - 12 kg. Well, further on small things, add another kilo 8.
Monika: So, did you manage at the university to massacre, dragging 80 kg on yourself? And how did you not die?
Nurkanat said nothing. So the team drove without words for about 3 minutes, except for Eliza, she was talking on the phone.
Timur: Nurkanat, you said that you were in Afghanistan. This was in 1979-1989. Then how old are you?
This question aroused curiosity among all who were in the car. Even Gilles found the moment to listen to the answer.
Nurkanat: I do not remember, but almost 50 years. Or 50 already?
Seamus: You can not tell by the way.
Nurkanat: Well, how much would you give me years?
Seamus found it difficult to answer, and asked the others ...
Eliza: It's still 35-40 years.
Timur: Not more than 40 years.
Gilles: I thought 35 maximum ...
Monika: Somewhere around 42 years old.
Nurkanat: As always ...
Gilles: We're almost there.
Nurkanat looks out the window and sees a large 3 storey building. It was located far from Hereford itself. In the back yard you could see another 3 storey building. It was clearly a place for training recruits, as the building had bullet holes and barricaded windows. The team parked the car on the outside parking lot, and headed toward the headquarters, each with their own luggage. The gates of the headquarters were guarded by 2 guards. Their faces were hidden under a balaclava, their eyes were covered with large shock-proof glasses, and they were dressed in a dark uniform and armed with L85A2 rifles. And in the holster, pistol P226 Mk 25.
Eliza: So guys, you're all free, except for you Nurkanat. I'm waiting for you in the backyard. Seamus will show you where the locker room is, you have your own uniform and weapons. And unofficially, welcome to the Rainbow team ...