Chapter 48. The Invasion of Iraq ... (Attention: Lemon)

Nurkanat pours out vodka for everyone and is about to begin their story.
Lera: I hope the details of that night will not be told ...
All but Ela began to laugh.
Nurkanat: Where do we start?
Ela: Since my arrival ...
Flashback. Qatar. Doha. Persian Gulf. End of March 2003.
By the time of the invasion of Iraq, Nurkanat was 33. Through long-standing ties with PMCs, Nurkanat enters the forces of PMCs in Iraq, after "death" at height of 776 in the North Caucasus. Nurkanat was in the international airport of Doha, waiting for his partner. According to the documents that gave Nurkanat, his partner was a very young girl, whose distinctive feature is green hair and a risky character. It was not difficult to find her in the crowd of visitors, her green hair showed out.
Nurkanat: Elzbieta Bosak?
Ela: God! Who are you?
Nurkanat: Nurkanat, this is all you need to know ...
Nurkanat takes the bags from Ela's hands and they leave the airport. Nurkanat loads the bags of Ela into the back seat of Humvee, and Ela is located in the front passenger seat, dropping the cap of the baseball cap and taking out the big headphones for the music.
Ela: This one, I'm sorry that I was frightened ...
Nurkanat silently closes the rear door and is located in the driver's seat. The duo leaves the airport surroundings in complete silence, but Nurkanat interrupts the silence.
Nurkanat: Elzbieta?
Ela: You can just do Ela ..
Nurkanat: All right. Ela? Is your birthday really on November 8? ...
Ela: Yes, but what?
Nurkanat: And what caused the Poles to go to Iraq?
Ela: Family problems ...
Ela, now and then looked at Nurkanat, especially on the right hand, with an absent little finger and burns and a holster with a gun.
Ela: You've probably gone through more than one war. I'm right?
Nurkanat: Afghanistan, Transnistria, two Chechen wars, Macedonia, Croatia and a number of African countries ... my track record can be continued indefinitely ...
Ela: And by nationality? Russian?
Nurkanat: Soviet ...
Ela: You do not look like you're a Soviet man ...
Nurkanat: This is your right ...
Nurkanat's Humvee cuts the Arab in a jeep. Nurkanat miraculously does not get into an accident and begins to swear in Russian.
Nurkanat: Pidaras, Blyat! Elzbieta ?! How are you?
Ela: All right ... I'm fine ...
Nurkanat: Sit in the car ...
Nurkanat unfastened his seat belts and got out of the car, ready for a long conversation with the abuser. From the Arab jeep, together with him two more people leave, the Arabian appearance, obviously ready for a fight.
Nurkanat:! من اين لك الحق? (Where did you get the right ?!)
Arab: أنت لا تهتم لأمريكي! الوالي! (It does not concern you American! Get back!)
Nurcanat: IDI NAHUI !
Nurkanat approaches and with all his strength knocks out his opponent. Shocked Arabs quickly joined the fight, beating Nurkanat. Nurkanat himself, breaks the Arab's nose with a blow to his head and, another offender, Nurkanat hits an Arab's apple and throws him into the jeep through the rear window, smashing the glass. The Arab, with a broken nose, rises to her feet and takes out a knife from her trouser pocket. Nurkanat skillfully dodges and parries blows, but still, the opponent leaves a pair of cut wounds on the body, and several wounds on his hands. Nurkanat is tired of all this, and takes a sharp step forward. The Arab, from surprise, pierces Nurkanat with a knife, to which Nurkanat, his head hits the bridge of his nose to the enemy. The fallen Arab tries to get up, but Nurkanat, breaking Arab's leg, near the ankles, and Nurkanat also throws him into the jeep, through the side window, into the back seat. The first Arab begins to recover, after an uppercut and takes out a revolver from his trouser pocket.
Arab: توقف! سوف اطلق النار!
Arab instructed his revolver on Nurkanat, and he takes confident steps forward. A frightened Arab starts to shoot, and out of six bullets from the drum, Nurkanata gets only two, and one bullet passes along the tangent, setting the cheek through the shemag. The Arab tries to escape from Nurkanat, gets a shovel on the head, from Ela.
Nurkanat: Elzbieta, I said, sit in the car!
Ela: I thought you needed help ...
Ela notices the blood stains on the jacket and on the shemag that covered her face.
Ela: Oh my God! How are you?
Nurkanat: Trivia ...
Nurkanat raises the Arab to his shoulder.
Nurkanat: Open the rear door, that jeep ...
Ela opens the door and sees another Arab, a broken face.
Arab: ارحم! (Spare!)
Nurkanat: الاستماع هنا! إذا رأيت مرة أخرى, سأقتل. خذ صديقك, والخروج! (Listen here! If I see again, I'll kill. Take your friend, and get out!)
Nurkanat throws a half-dead Arab into a jeep, and he and Ela sit in Humvee.
Nurkanat: So ... oh, for sure! At the base ...
Nowadays.
Nurkanat: That's it, I first met Ela ... The first impression was not very. Yes?
Ela: I was afraid for you in general ...
Ela drinks the contents of the glass.
Ela: What was your first impression of me?
Flashback. Qatar. Doha. Persian Gulf. End of March 2003.
A day later.
Ela was at the operation headquarters in Doha. She was given a separate room for rest, while her partner, will not leave the wound.
Early morning.
Ela slept peacefully on the couch. But her dream is interrupted by a knock at the door. Ela reluctantly rises from the couch.
Ela: Come in ...
Nurkanat enters the room, and there was no limit to Ela's surprise.
Ela: Nurkanat? But ... but ...
Nurkanat: I said that it's nothing ...
Nurkanat sat down on the sofa beside Ela.
Nurkanat: Get ready, we're going ...
Ela: Where?
Nurkanat: I'll see what you can do ...
Nurkanat pretends to leave the room, and looks at the dressing Ela.
Voice: Even. Not. Think. She's only 17 ...
Nurkanat: And you try, stop ...
Ela notices Nurkanat.
Ela: Get out, pervert!
And Ela throws her breech in Nurkanat's face.
Еla: Ow! Sorry ...
Ela guiltily takes the breech and expels Nurkanat from the room.
Nurkanat: This. It was painful...
Two hours later.
Nurkanat and Ela were on a helicopter. Ela, now and then looked at the vast expanses of the Persian Gulf.
Nurkanat: First time, fly by helicopter? At least you have a calmer flight.
Ela: How did it go?
Nurkanat: I flew several times over the Afghan. And all these several times, I was knocked down. Miracle, blyat, that I'm still alive ...
Ela was even more pricked up.
Ela: Mój Boże! Boże, ocal ...
About ten minutes later.
The helicopter sits on the field base of the US Marine Corps. Part of the base, belonged to the PMC and its soldiers. The first of the helicopter was Ela.
Ela: Land ...
Nurkanat: Stop hugging the land, Ela ...
Nurkanat carefully lifts Ela.
Nurkanat: Take the bag and follow me ...
After half an hour.
Nurkanat and Ela exit the tent where the command of the PMC was located. From this moment, Ela becomes a partner of Nurkanat.
Ela: Where now?
Nurkanat: First, let's celebrate ... go to the bar ...
In the open sky, there was a semblance of a bar counter, near trucks with supplies. It was crowded, there were fighters from PMCs, and soldiers of the Marine Corps.
Ganja: Oh, it's hot!
Ganja was an Indian by nationality and was always an optimistic person. And this optimism, he kept even in the war. His name, Ganja justifies completely, except for booze, he can still offer "grass".
Nurkanat: Hello, Ganja ...
Ganja: To you as usual? Or do you need "grass"?
Nurkanat: I do not smoke. And you know it, Ganja.
Ganja: I understand you. Oh, and who is this? ...
Ganja notices Ela, who was behind Nurkanat.
Ganja: Nurkanat, who is this? Your love?
Nurkanat choked his whiskey, and Ganja and Ela laughed.
Ela: Elzbieta Bosak. And yes, he's my boyfriend.
Nurkanat choked again.
Nurkanat: Elzbieta, blyat ...
Ganja: But seriously?
Ela: He's my partner ...
Ganja: You'll drink, or something?
Nurkanat: Give her low-alcohol drinks ...
Ganja goes to the nearest Humvee and from his tank, he pours a liquid of dim purple color into the glass.
Ganja: Try it ...
Ela looked apprehensively at the glass with the violet liquid, and Ela, with a devil in her eyes, looked at Nurkanat. He only nods his head approvingly. And Ela at once drinks the contents of the glass.
Ela: Ugh, she's warm!
Ganja: What did you want, dear? It's fucking Persian Gulf. The heat ruined the grape juice ...
Nurkanat: Is the refrigerator not working?
Ganja: Yes, he flew. Ugh. Guys here, do not know how to repair, because our mechanic went on a reconnaissance ...
Nurkanat: Asked for help from the Marines?
Ganja: They are already full of problems. So I began to ask them for help ...
Nurkanat: Then wait. I'll come back later and try to fix it ... And this one, do not let her smoke ...
Nurkanat leaves the bar, along with Ela.
Ela stood and looked at the soldiers of the PMC and the Marines at the shooting range. The Marines had rifles M4, AR-15, various modifications, machine guns M240G and M249 SAW and many other weapons produced by NATO. Among the soldiers of the PMS, the armed men were much more solid and more than a choice. From classical cannons of domestic and foreign productions to rare and unique types of firearms.
Nurkanat: Well, what do you choose from all that you see?
Ela: No idea ...
Nurkanat: Then let's go ...
Ela: Where?
Nurkanat points to a large tent near the shooting range, and the duo enter the tent. And the first thing that Ela sees is the weapon stand with AR and AK assault rifles, of various variations.
Nurkanat: Hello, Ashot ...
Ashot: Hello my friend! What do you want?
Ashot is a cheerful person, a native of the North Caucasus. I got into PMC, because of debts. Now he is a "good" gunsmith and manages a shooting range.
Nurkanat: My machine gun and something else. Ela?
Ela timidly approaches the table of Ashot.
Ashot: Oh, what does such a beauty do here? What's your name?
Ela: Ela ...
Ela blushed with embarrassment.
Nurkanat: Ashot, do not embarrass her ...
Ashot: Nurkanat, who is she? Your girlfriend?
Nurkanat: Are you fucking conspiring with that? This joke is no longer relevant ...
Ashot: Was Ganja joking? Okay, questions then ...
Ashot now turns to Ela.
Ashot: What do you like, darling?
Ela: Something quick and light ...
Ashot: Submachine guns or assault rifles?
Ala: Come on with the submachine gun ...
Ashot: Here, the Croatian copy of Agram 2000. Handicraft production ... Still there is a line of armament from HK: MP5, MP7 and UMP45. German quality. Still here, the Belgian FN P90. In terms of quality, it is not inferior to the Germans. There are also a couple of toys from Israel: IMI Uzi, Mini Uzi and Micro Uzi. The American line of MAC: MAC-10 and MAC-11. Polish PM-84 ...
Ela: Come on, here's the PM-84 ...
Ashot: Okay ...
Ashot was surprised by the choice of Ela.