Kdrama Nightmare Part 4

Over the next few days, Shay got into a routine with her new housemates. A group meeting between them all the second night worked out chores and expectations for everyone living in the house. They'd take turns with meals and cleaning up afterward. The cooks never had to do kitchen clean up something the boys took big advantage of when it was their turn to cook. The group decided that once a week they'd have a "family meeting" so they could address any problems that had cropped up that week. With so many different people, from different places and cultures living together, the group felt they needed to head off any conflicts quickly.

Song Jae Wook turned out to be the eldest of the group, and the most famous, so the others often turned to him as leader of the house. Shay was second oldest in the house and so was often referred to as Noona by the boys and Unni by the girls. It was a little strange not being addressed by her name, but thanks to watching kdramas, she knew it was normal for them not to use her name.

It took Shay 3 days to get her sleeping adjusted and after a week had gone by, she was feeling more herself. Her housemates treated her well and while she wasn't close to them yet, she at least didn't feel uncomfortable. The only hiccup appeared to be with Jae Min. The clothing prank got her into some trouble with the producers and she was not taking it well. Jung Min was grateful that the incident wasn't going to be shown in the first episode that introduced Shay. Shay was just glad that her underwear wasn't going to be all over national tv. Jae Min was resentful about the whole thing and for the most part ignored Shay as if she didn't exist. That didn't bother Shay a whole bunch as So Hee, Mack and Min Woo were more than enough friendship to start with. She still couldn't really talk straight if Jae Wook was in the room. By now everyone knew that she got starstruck around him and they teased her about it.

The morning of her second week in Korea, Shay was getting ready to go meet the lady whose shop she'd be working in. Even though the housemates liked practicing their English with Shay, there was still enough Korean spoken that she was already more relaxed in speaking it. She wasn't great yet, but she could at least follow a conversation now. Living around the language was so much better than just learning it on her own at home. The daily usage helped her enormously.

Shay finished her makeup, grabbed her purse and headed for the door. Min Woo had offered to drive her to the shop and to meet the ahjumma working there. Shay would have to spend today figuring out the transit system and how to get around on her own. She couldn't impose on very busy actors to get around.

Min Woo was waiting by the front door with keys in hand. Shay liked Min Woo. He was a solid and steady sort of man and he always seemed to be there to lend a helping hand. His new drama was going to start shooting in the next couple of days and so he was dropping her off at the shop on his way to another session with hair and makeup as they worked on his look for his new character.

"Thanks for giving me a ride, Min Woo" Shay said as they buckled into the car.

"You don't know the bus system yet so I wanted to help" Min Woo started the car and backed out of the driveway.  The house had room for 3 cars but most of the housemates were picked up by their managers to get to their various schedules. "Also, we don't know how the net citizens will react to you being on the show and I'd feel better knowing where you are working."

Shay couldn't fault him for that concern. She was nervous about that as well. Her debut episode was showing at the end of the week and she was very nervous. The last episode had hinted at a new arrival and there was a buzz about who it could be. So far, nobody knew who she was. She had made it clear that she didn't want anyone filming her at work as she needed someplace where life felt normal. Ms. Park reminded her that once the show aired, normal would go out the window. Shay didn't want to think about it.