Kdrama Nightmare Part 20

The hospital was noisy. Jae Wook walked back and forth in the hallway. He couldn't sit still while waiting to find out how Shay's examination went. How was he to live with himself if she was hurt permanently? Anyway he looked at it, it was his fault. He was the focus of Chae Young's obsession. He was the reason that young girl had gone crazy. It was just like last time. Someone he cared about was hurt because of his work.

It wasn't worth it anymore.

So Hee was sitting in a chair watching him pace up and down the hall. With each step, he got more and more agitated.

"How long does an examination take?" he said suddenly.

"Calm down, Oppa." So Hee said.

"This is my fault." He said in misery.

"Nobody thinks that, least of all Shay." So Hee said.

"So Hee, Someone tried to kill her because of their obsession with me. ME!" He yelled. With a cry, he flung himself into a chair and buried his face in his hands.

"How can I face her after this?"

So Hee sat down next to him and put her arm across his back and squeezed. "You will face her as a friend she cherishes. Who has been there for her and Min Woo through all this insanity," she said. "Min Woo and Shay need you most right now."

Min Woo came out of the hospital room with a broken look on his face. The doctors followed him, bowed to those in the hall and then continued on their way. Both So Hee and Jae Wook stood as the doctors passed them and then they looked at Min Woo to hear  about the results. Apprehension filled them as they took in Min Woo's expression.

"How is she?" So Hee asked.

"She is sleeping. Her scar tissue in her neck was torn open so they stitched that. She has bruising across her neck but nothing is permanently damaged." He took a deep breath, "But she is very scared. She wants to go home."

"I can understand that," So Hee said.

Jae Wook felt for Min Woo and knew what he was going through. When his girl had left it had almost destroyed him. He placed a hand on Min Woo's shoulder, "She'll feel better when the shock passes."

Min Woo looked at Jae Wook and indicated that he wanted to talk privately. They walked to the end of the hallway, out of earshot.

So Hee watched them talking quietly when she heard someone coming up behind her. Turning around, she saw Yoon Woo and P.D. Park walking towards her.

"The reporters got wind of the attack," She said. "We've released a basic statement, but be careful if you get found by them. Don't mention the girl. Not even in text to the others. Pretend ignorance while the police try to find her. "

So Hee nodded and looked back down the hallway at Min Woo and Jae Wook. They both now had grim looks on their faces. She watched Jae Wook give Min Woo a hug and then they walked back and joined the group.

"Is everything okay?" So Hee asked Jae Wook.

"Shay wants to return home and Min Woo is at a loss of how to stop her." He replied.

"I can't lose her," Min Woo looked on the verge of tears.

"We'll help any way we can." So Hee promised.

"She's been through a traumatic experience. Give her time to recover." P. D. Park said.

"She's sleeping now. We need to get her some things from home," Min Woo said holding a list.

"I'll go get them, " Yoon Woo said. He took the list and headed out.

"I'm going back to sit with her so she won't be alone when she wakes up." Min Woo walked back into the hospital room and shut the door.