Kdrama Nightmare Part 24 Final Chapter

The next three days were hectic as Jung Min's funeral services were held at the hospital. Her family and many fans paid their respects to her parents and Jae Min who stood by dressed in black.

News had traveled fast that Jung Min has lost her life in an altercation with the young stalker who had attacked Shay earlier. When the news revealed that the young girl had also lost her life, there was no one to mourn her. Her family, having disowned her, did not come to collect her body nor provided services for her.

Shay and Jae Min had agreed that nobody needed to know about Jung Min's role in what happened. The phone was the only clue and that would never see the light of day. Shay held no hard feelings for both young women and had no interest in hurting their families any more than they already were.

Shay stood outside the funeral hall and watched as many guests came to pay their respects. It was sad that no one was going to mourn Chae Young. Shay felt tremendous sadness that in life and in death, she was unwanted and unloved. Shay vowed that somehow, she'd find a way to take care of the young girl's funeral needs.

Min Woo walked up to Shay and put his arm around her waist. He then held her left hand and played with the ring there while squeezing her for a soft hug. Shay could feel all the tension in his body as he came to her for comfort and to also comfort her in return.

"Swear to me, we will never go through this again." He said to her.

"Well, that's up to your sasaeng fans," Shay said with a little bit of humor.

"Not funny." He replied. Shay couldn't help but smile, but she continued to let him hold and snuggle her.

"I want to do something for Chae Young," Shay said quietly to Min Woo.

"What do you mean?" he asked looking at her in confusion.

"I want to make sure she has someplace to go and be buried. She was never wanted by anyone, including her family. I don't feel right just letting that go." she said.

Min Woo hugged Shay tightly. This is why he loved this woman. She was brave and forgiving and had the biggest heart he knew of. She had gone through a nightmare of an experience and yet she saw the bigger picture. The loneliness of Chae Young and Jung Min was the bigger injury in her mind.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it." Min Woo said. He then left her to go talk to the hospital and get her cremation taken care of.

Shay knew she was marrying the right man. Min Woo was her knight in all the ways that mattered.

Some time later, a woman about Shay's age walked up to Shay and got her attention. "Um, excuse me. Are you Shay Danes?"

"Yes, I am," she replied.

"I'm Lee Min Ji. Could I talk to you about something?" Shay indicated she could and they stepped into a private part of the hallway.

Min Woo returned after talking to the funeral director to find Shay talking animatedly to a woman who looked vaguely familiar. He couldn't place where he knew her. When Shay looked up and saw him, she gestured for him to come over.

"Min Woo, this is Lee Min Ji. She's Jae Wook's ex-girlfriend," she said excitedly.

Now Min Woo knew why she had looked familiar. "Jae Wook is resting in a hospital room at this time. He overdid it helping Jae Min and was forced to go lay down as he tore his stitches. The man just won't stay still for very long and they keep ripping."

"You know, Min Ji, I bet you could help keep Jae Wook still long enough to get him to rest. I'm sure you have lots to talk about. If nothing else, you can discuss why you walked away from him." Shay said to her.

"I'm not sure I can. How do you ask forgiveness for abandoning someone? I thought leaving would keep him safe and in the end, the girl still tried to kill him." She said in a teary voice. The idea of losing the only man she ever loved was worse than her guilt at walking away from him. She had to know he was okay.

"Min Ji," Min Woo said, "He's been suffering for five years without you. Don't you think it's time for the nightmare to end for both of you?"

"Put that way..." she said quietly. She then got the room number from them and headed for the elevators.

Once on the right floor, she followed the signs to his room and quietly looked in to see if Jae Wook was awake or asleep.

Jae Wook was trying to sleep but he didn't like being still when there was so much going on and so much help was needed. His burning side and torn stitches didn't help things any. That kid may not have hit any vital organs but he was still sliced up and it didn't feel good.

Jae Wook sighed. Sleep just wasn't going to happen, so he sat up and that's when he noticed the woman standing outside his door. His heart stopped beating for a moment and then burst into a furious race. He just stared at the vision before him wondering if maybe his painkillers were working overtime and he was hallucinating.

"Min Ji" he breathed in reverent surprise.

"Jae Wook," she said and she walked over to his bed.

Jae Wook slowly moved his hands and caught her nervous, shy ones and he pulled her closer to the bed. If he had his way, he'd pull her into his arms and never let her go, but first, he needed to know why she was here.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"I heard on the news that you were hurt by a young sasaeng. I knew I had to come and see you," she said.

"As you can see, I'm doing okay. She didn't hit anything vital." he tried to keep his voice light.

A tear rolled down her cheek. "I walked away all those years ago because your life had been threatened. I thought you'd be safe and here you are, still hurt. I'm so sorry I left." she said sadly.

Jae Wook closed his eyes at her words. He had guessed as much which is why he had respected her wish to stop seeing each other. Having it validated after what had just happened broke his heart. How much damage did that kid do to the people he cared for? Could he ever make up for all the hurt that she caused?

"I don't blame you, Min Ji. I understand what happened. Chae Young was a very determined young girl and I know you thought you were doing the right thing. I'm just so very glad you came." Jae Wook said

"Can...I come back? Can I love you again?" Min Ji asked.

Jae Wook stared at her for a moment and then he pulled her onto the bed and into his arms. He found her lips and enveloped her in a kiss so passionate that he forgot all about the pain in his side or that they were in a hospital room. He let all the love he'd been hiding for the last five years loose and let her know more completely than words that he needed her.

The kiss deepened and Min Ji clung to him as tightly as he was holding onto her. She had never forgotten him and had not once ever dated or been unfaithful to him even though he'd let her go. She wanted him to know how much she loved him and kissed him back just as deeply.

Min Woo and Shay watched with smiles at the reunion and then they closed the room door and holding hands walked away.

Shay was so glad that her celebrity crush was having his own happily ever after. He had suffered so much during the last five years and now his long nightmare was over. In many ways, Shay felt more like a catalyst in their story than the leading female in her own story.

That was until Min Woo pulled her into his embrace and also kissed her. She looked up into the eyes of the man who loved her and knew she had found far more than she ever knew was possible to wish for.

When she came to South Korea, she had mused that she had fallen into her own Korean drama. There had been angry fans, heartbreak, fear and more adventure than she had ever planned on, but in the end, she made it through. Stronger than she ever thought she could be and happy just like in all those Korean dramas she watched.

Only, she wasn't leaving this story after 24 episodes. She would have a lifetime to write her story with Min Woo and that was all anyone could ask for.