Kdrama Nightmare Part 14

Shay watched Chae Young get into the van. The girl had eyes for no one else but Jae Wook. As Jae Wook helped her into her seat, her hand lingered within Jae Wook's before he took his hand away. Shay smiled, this girl had it bad. Shay couldn't blame her, Jae Wook had filled many a fantasy when Shay was sick.

As Jae Wook got into the car, Chae Young looked around the van and spotted Shay. She gave Shay a smile, "So where are we headed?"

"I'm not sure, actually, " Shay said. "We're being surprised. I was sort of hoping you had picked a place."

"Don't worry, ladies," Jae Wook cut in, "I'm going to treat you. I picked our location."

Chae Young felt all warm at his words. Jae Wook had picked the location. Her man had picked a place for them to be together. He couldn't admit it, of course, but she knew he was thinking of her. She smiled at him to let him know she understood.

Shay was also smiling to herself. Min Woo had taken her aside before he left for work this morning and told her to expect some pleasant surprises today. He then gave her a kiss she felt all the way to her toes. She could still feel his lips against hers. That man could make her heart race and her toes curl and she had no idea how she got so lucky.

Chae Young noticed the secret smile on Shay's face and her eyes narrowed. Depending on where Jae Wook was taking them, she was determined to make it the most miserable day Shay would ever have. She would think twice after today about staying and taking what belonged to others.

Chae Young turned to Jae Wook, "So can you tell me where we are taking Shay? She's new and probably wants to see all the sites."

Jae Wook smiled at the teenager, "We're going to take you two shopping. My treat. I'll get you something great."

Chae Young got excited. Jae Wook was going to buy her a gift? She knew he loved her as much as she loved him. And the best part is that it wouldn't raise any suspicion. He could secretly show her how he felt and not create a single scandal. She knew her patience all this time was worth it.

The vans arrived at a street and everyone started to get out. Shay looked around but couldn't see much, although she could hear a lot of sounds coming from a block or so away.

"Where are we?" Shay asked Jae Wook.

"You'll see, come this way," he told Shay. He motioned both Shay and Chae Young to follow him.

There were three cameramen following the group. Each person had their own man to follow them. Shay felt like she was on Running Man and laughed at the thought. Another kdrama trope could be crossed off the list.

"I'm taking you to one of the oldest markets in Seoul. It has a 600-year history and its massive. I love this place because you can find anything here."

Shay could see stores up ahead next to the busy street they were walking on. She had been looking forward to checking out the markets around Seoul but things had just been too crazy. Now she was going with cameras following her around. Life was just weird.

Shay was looking down the street checking out the storefronts when Jae Wook grabbed her hand and turned her down an alley where more vendors lined the small walkway. As they reached the end of the alley, a whole vista of shops and street vendors opened up before her. Shay could see vendor after vendor as far as she could see. Looking up she could see multistoried buildings with big signs declaring what wares were found within. People were busy walking around, checking out products and talking loudly as they haggled.

The vibe of this market made Shay smile. The number of different items just in her immediate view was overwhelming. The scents coming from all the food offered by the vendors made Shay salivate and urged her on to try everything she could see.