Kdrama Nightmare Part 10

Min Woo closed his eyes as their lips touched. Her lips were soft and warm. Her hair felt silky in his hands and he could feel the warmth of her body radiating against him. He felt her surprise and then her surrender as her lips moved against his.

Shay was enveloped in Min Woo's embrace. His warmth surrounded her and made her feel treasured and safe. As the kiss deepened, she felt his tongue claim hers and the world vanished.

As they lost themselves in the kiss, Jae Wook and the PD exchanged amused looks as they watched the spectacle before them.

"It's better than a drama," the PD said.

"And you can't use any of it." Jae Wook warned.

"Exactly how are we going to keep that quiet?" The PD asked, gesturing towards them.

"We'll think of something." Jae Wook said wryly. He made sure the cameraman stopped filming and they walked away.

Slowly, reality returned for Min Woo and Shay. Their lips separated and they bowed their foreheads together as they worked to catch their breaths. Shay could not imagine what had just happened. Never in her wildest dreams would she have expected to get the best kiss of her life while on her visit to Korea. Shay moved to lean her head on Min Woo's shoulder. Their arms adjusted to more comfortably hold each other as they stared at the river flowing past them.

Neither wanted to break the spell or to bring reality into that special moment. Shay felt Min Woo gently kiss the top of her head while he held her, making her smile as she felt his touch. Shay felt Min Woo squeeze her with a hug and turn her so she could look at him.

"Do I need to apologize for surprising you?" Min Woo asked.

Shay could see the concern in his eyes and she smiled. Placing a hand on his cheek and she replied, "It was a surprise. I had no idea you felt this way. But you don't need to apologize. I like you too. I feel so amazing right now."

Min Woo smiled, reached out and took Shay's hand and started to walk with her back into the orchard. As they entered the trees, Jae Wook was leaning against a tree waiting for them.

"Nice show, guys. Not the reserved types are you." He said with mild disapproval.

Shay blushed at Jae Wook's words and Min Woo squeezed her hand.

"Don't worry, I distracted the cameraman for you. They caught some of it, but hopefully, they won't use it." Jae Wook said. " I can't say the same for Shay's singing. That was beautiful and so carefree and they won't overlook such awesome footage since they probably won't use the kiss."

Shay felt embarrassed at the idea of her singing ended up on TV but relieved that the kiss would stay private. She looked at Min Woo and the worry on her face was easily read.

"Don't worry," Min Woo caressed her face. "I'm not going to let them hurt you. I'll stand by you no matter what happens."

Shay smiled at him. "My concern is for your career and how you're fans will react. Fans act like dating is a scandal in this country. I'm not Korean. I have major surgery scars. I've seen fans freak out over less."

"It's all in how we introduce your relationship," Jae Wook said. "If we go slow and make your relationship sort of a given thing by the end of your stay here, they should be okay. Its when you spring it on them that they go nuts."

Min Woo and Jae Wook traded knowing looks but Shay just stared at the ground. She wanted to yell from the tops of the mountains that she had fallen for this amazing guy and now she had to be sneaky about it. This was so unfair. Thinking of that hate note, look how some fan was reacting and all she did was show up on the show. What would they do if she was actually dating one of them? Min Woo's new drama started next week and she didn't want to do anything to ruin that for him.

"That's it then," she said. This made both men look at her questioningly. "We hide our relationship for now. Min Woo, you have a new drama starting and I won't ruin that for you. If we slowly show our relationship, then maybe it will be okay. Maybe I won't get a new round of hate notes."

Min Woo hugged Shay. "I love you and I don't want to do anything that will make you sad. If this is what you want to do, then I will follow you." He then put his hands on her shoulders and looked her hard in the eyes, "but if at any time, this is too much or too hard, you tell me. I will take you back home and we will figure the rest out after that. I'm not going to lose you now that I just found you."

Jae Wook rolled his eyes, "Down Romeo. It won't come to that if I have anything to say about it."

Jae Wook moved to the other side of Shay and grabbed her hand so that she was holding both their hands. They started walking through the trees. As they hatched their plans, the PD motioned the cameraman to follow them from a distance. The trio made a happy picture walking among the trees and this would make a gorgeous endcap to their episode. He could almost see how the episode would go with Shay's song and this walk through the trees. He had agreed to not show the kiss, but he would give the viewers something to sigh over.

After their day was done, they drove home. Shay and Min Woo sat in the same seat so they could hold hands, but they made sure not to sit real close together. Their pinky fingers stayed entwined the ride home while giving the onboard camera that nothing was going on other than laughter and the pleasure of a successful day.

When they got home, the other teams had arrived. The twins were showing evidence of having gotten very muddy at some point. Takashi wasn't that clean himself but was in better spirits than the girls. Turns out they had trouble not falling in the paddies and went through their spare clothes in a hurry. Jae Min particularly had fallen repeatedly and kept pulling her sister in when she'd try to use her to keep her balance.

So Hee, Mack, and Yoon Woo had the easiest time of them all and the boys teased Jae Min for her bad balance. Glaring at those trying to stifle their laughter Jae Min stomped up the stairs to be the first in the shower.

"Shay, can I use your shower? Jae Min will be awhile if I know my sister," Jung Min asked.

"Sure, there are clean towels on the shelf in there. Help yourself. " Shay said.

"Looks like you got scratched up pretty good." Jung Min commented.

"I'll shower after you, so don't use up all the hot water." Shay laughed as Jung Min headed to the bathroom.

'In the meantime, you'll go lay down." Min Woo said. "You crashed this afternoon and still need to rest." He pushed Shay toward her bedroom.

"I'm fine, really." Shay protested.

"Nope, you are laying down." Min Woo insisted.

Shay smiled as Min Woo walked her down to her bedroom. It felt so nice to have someone looking out for her. Her biggest problem was getting enough rest so her body didn't crash. She was still learning how to listen to her body's needs so she could rest before she crashed. Today was obviously not a win in that regard. However, she would crash a hundred times if that meant she could have Min Woo's kiss when she woke up.

As she entered her room, she could hear the shower going and Jung Min moving around. Min Woo helped her remove her shoes and then left so she could change clothes. After changing into a t-shirt and sweats, Min Woo came back in to make sure she laid down. As Shay snuggled into her covers, Min Woo bent over and kissed her forehead.

"Get some rest" Min Woo whispered. He then kissed her lips and then stood up before Shay could capture his lips for a longer kiss. Smiling he left the room and closed the door.

Shay smiled to herself and closed her eyes.  

***********************

Author's note:  Sorry for the short chapter.  I promise things start getting fun next week.  I'm all excited because I'm going to DJ my first kpop night this coming weekend.  Even though I live in a big city, there are few places to go dance to kpop around here, so I'm making my own.  It's going to be so much fun.  I was a wedding DJ for nearly 20 years so I'm expecting this to be a fun night.  I'll see you guys next week and let you know what our taciturn girl has planned for our lovers.