Kdrama Nightmare Part 17

Shay was holding Min Woo's hand when the door to the back room opened. Shay tensed up but then relaxed as the flower lady from earlier walked through the door. Then Shay remembered that she was Min Woo's mother and she got tense again.

"The sasaengs are still on the hunt," she said. "So we are going to sneak you out of here."

She took Shay's hand and smiled reassuringly at her, "Don't worry, none of this was your fault."

She then looked seriously at Min Woo, "that anti-fan cafe staged this. Somehow they figured out Shay was here with Jae Wook and they felt they had to step in. This plan of yours is putting her in danger."

Shay watched Min Woo's face take on a grim appearance as he considered his mother's words. Shay wondered what he was thinking. Shay was worried that he'd start to think none of this was worth it. For all he was her hero at this moment, at any point it could become too much. He had a lot to risk and it didn't look like the sasaengs were going to be reasonable. Of course, if they were reasonable, they wouldn't be sasaengs in the first place.

"So what's the plan to get her out of here?" he asked.

His mom smiled, "We're going to throw her out with the trash."

Shay raised an eyebrow.

***************************

The BBQ restaurant had a private room that the host led Jae Wook, Chae Young and the rest of the film crew too. As they sat down, the boys called out their favorite dishes to the waitresses while others took their drink orders. Amid the calls for soju, Jae Wook made sure to order some soda for Chae Young.

Chae Young was bemused by Jae Wook's care for her. He was truly her prince. In the future, she'll have to show him that she could already hold her liquor. She had been building her tolerance so that when it was okay for Jae Wook to claim her, she could join him at his level in society. No way was she going to be a little kid for him.

"How are you doing?" He asked her. "I know that today was a scary experience."

"I'm okay, " Chae Young replied. "I've been a fan of yours a long time. That wasn't my first crowd to be in the middle of."

Jae Wook chuckled a little at her bravery. He had to hand it to her, she wasn't the wilting flower he had taken her for.

"I hope Shay will be fine." Chae Young said sadly. 'I don't like the idea that she could get hurt." She affected a sad look. She had to make sure Jae Wook wasn't behind her rescue.

"Don't worry, Shay is perfectly fine." Jae Wook's manager said.

"Did she get out of the market?" Chae Young asked.

"She's in safe hands," he said vaguely. Chae Young was put out that they wouldn't go into the specifics. If she was still in the market, she would let the group know so they could track her down.

"But what if those girls find her? They looked like they meant business." She pushed a little, "How do you know she is safe? She didn't make it out with us."

"Those kids won't get to her. The market folks look after their own." He said cryptically.

They look after their own? What did that mean? Chae Young pondered his words seriously. Shay was from the States, she didn't have any family here. Then she remembered that woman giving Shay some flowers. Chae Young looked at Jae Wook. did he have a connection to the market she didn't know about? He couldn't. She knew everything about him. His family weren't merchants. Who would help her? Chae Young frowned as she tried to think about how Shay could possibly get away. Did the Ahjumma at the noodle shop have something to do with this?