HELLO AGAIN PRUE By: Tina M. Leffelman ©2002 All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The characters of 'Charmed' are the creation of Constance M. Burge and Spelling Entertainment. I claim no ownership of characters or spells I have borrowed for this story.

Author's Note: I would like to thank Michael Cobb for being a great editor and for letting me bounce ideas off of him, while he provided me with so many, and improved on a lot of them that I proposed. I couldn't have written this without your help, Mike. I'll be forever indebted to you! Thank you so much! - "Missy" Tina (Mike, that was for you, and you know why! J)

This Charmed story takes place after 'Witches In Tights' and 'Sam I Am.' it features Dave from 'Witches In Tights,' who is now Paige's boyfriend, and Sam Wilder, Paige's biological father. Paige is now a full-fledged whitelighter, with charges of her own.

Halliwell Manor

"Piper!" Paige Matthews called, looking for her oldest sister. Receiving no answer, she called again. "Piper! Where are you? Phoebs, are you here?"

"Jeez, Paige, must you bellow like that?!" came Piper's angry response. "Melinda has finally stopped kicking me, and I was trying to take a nap," she finished, rubbing her eyes as she rounded the corner from the sunroom.

"I'm sorry, sweetie," Paige said quietly. "Is Phoebe here?"

"No, she's not," Piper replied. "Now can you tell me what's wrong so I can get back to my nap, here?"

"I just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be at Dave's tonight. Please, please only call my cell if it requires the power of three to vanquish a slimy demon, okay? I promise I'll orb my butt back here as soon as I hang up the phone," Paige finished.

"How are things going since you've gotten over your 'problem'? Any better?" Piper asked. She was now nearly six-and-a half months pregnant, and very moody. The bigger she got, the crabbier she became, was the private thought shared by Phoebe and Paige. "Things are wonderful," Paige replied with an embarrassed giggle. She turned a bright shade of pink, which clashed horribly with her red hair. "That good, huh?" Piper teased. "Nice shade of red, by the way, " she added. "Ah, Piper, zip it!" Paige replied, as she blushed an even deeper pink. "Just be careful," Piper advised. "You know what I mean."

"I will, Piper," Paige responded, somewhat exasperatedly. I always have protection with me, "she added. She then muttered under her breath," I think I liked it better when I thought I was an only child... My mom didn't even nag this much."

"Have a good time, " Piper said, giving her baby half-sister a hug. "Thanks, I will." Paige replied. "Mother hen," she muttered as she turned away. "Half-breed," Piper muttered in the same instant.

Dave's Apartment- Several Hours Later

Paige sighed contentedly to herself as she and Dave completed their lovemaking. "Did you...?" Dave asked as he rolled himself off of Paige and settled beside her in bed. "Mmmhmm," she murmured, "Thank you. That was wonderful."

"Glad you liked it," Dave replied in his Australian accent. " I tried something different that time."

"So I noticed," Paige murmured with a smile. "Whatever you did, I think it did the trick." As Dave was about to respond, Paige's cell phone rang, shattering the mood. "Hello?" she said, somewhat agitatedly. "Paige, sweetie, I'm sorry, but we've sort of got a demon situation, here," came Phoebe's voice. "Shit!" Paige muttered. "I'll be there right away," she said into the phone before clicking it shut. "I'm sorry, honey." Paige said as she turned to Dave and began to get dressed. "What's wrong?" he asked as he held her top out to her. "Family emergency... Piper's really sick," she lied. "Okay then. Tell her I hope she feels better, and I'll see you soon," Dave promised. Paige gave him a quick kiss, apologized again, and left the apartment.

Back At The Manor

Paige orbed in to find Piper hiding behind the sofa and Phoebe levitating, ready to kick a demon in the face. "Spell ready?" Paige asked. Piper held up a vial of potion and a sheet of paper. "Okay, that was my next question," she finished. She flipped herself across the room, narrowly avoiding an energy ball before landing on her feet beside Piper. She grimaced as the energy ball she had dodged blew up the Grandfather clock in the corner. Phoebe knocked the demon to the floor with a well-placed kick to the chest before landing beside her sisters. "Ready? Let's do this," she panted, taking hold of their hands. "Demon of Darkness, No longer shall you stay. We vanquish you now before the break of day!"

The sisters chanted in unison. Piper threw the vial of potion at the demon, which exploded with a scream, covering the Charmed Ones with a layer of green slime. "Ugh" Paige groaned as she wiped her face off. "Demon goo is so bad for the complexion...so, who was the slime ball that slimed us?" she asked. "His name was Arsis, and he was an upper level demon," Piper replied. "I saw him in the Book of Shadows earlier today...so," she continued, changing the subject. "What did you tell Dave? Was he upset when you left?"

"Nah. I said you were really sick and he was very understanding," Paige replied. "He said to tell you he hopes you feel better."

"I'm sorry we ruined your evening, honey," Phoebe said softly. "It's okay...It's done and over with, Phoebs, " Paige replied. "I'll see you guys in the morning...I'm pretty tired."

"'Night, Paige, " Piper and Phoebe said in unison to their sister's retreating back.