Northern Ireland- Several Minutes Later

Paige orbed in to a small house where she found a young mother on the verge of giving birth, with two small children beside her. "What are you doing, here?" came the woman's fearful Irish brogue. "Don't panic," Paige began gently. "I'm here to help you. My name is Paige Matthews. I won't hurt you... I promise. "

"My name is Katrina O'Malley," the woman gasped. "These are my children, Seamus and McKenna. Their little brother or sister wants to come, now."

"Have you called the doctor?" Paige asked, as she helped Katrina to lie down on the bed. "I can't afford a doctor." Katrina stated as she began to cry. "My husband was killed in a farm accident two months ago, so I have no means to pay the one I was seeing."

"It's alright, Katrina." Paige began gently. "I'm a trained midwife, and I'll get you through this. The only thing I want in return is for you to have a healthy baby," she finished with a gentle smile. "Bless your heart." Katrina replied gratefully. "Seamus, McKenna? My name is Paige. I promise you I'm not hurting your mommy, but you'll hear her screaming. Don't get upset, okay? She'll be just fine in a little while... Do you want a baby brother or sister?" Paige asked.

"A sister!" McKenna shouted. "A sister." Seamus echoed shyly. "Well, in a little while, we'll know if you got your wish. For now, can the two of you go play somewhere?" Paige suggested gently. They nodded in unison. "Try to stay out of trouble." Paige added. "We will, Paige. Bless you." McKenna replied as she hugged Paige's leg. Before Paige could react, McKenna was gone, following after Seamus. "Has your water broken?" Paige asked as she turned to Katrina again. "Yes, several hours ago." Katrina gasped. "Okay. I need you to lie back and try to relax so I can perform an exam." Paige replied gently. "Oh, boy," she murmured a moment later. "Katrina? I'm sorry, but this is going to be a little uncomfortable for you... The baby is breech, and I need to turn it around."

"O-okay." Katrina stammered fearfully. "Come on, little baby; work with me." Paige begged in a quiet whisper. "Turn around nicely for me." A few seconds later, Katrina let out a low moan as Paige turned the baby so its head was facing down. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Paige moaned with a pained expression. "It's alright, Paige." Katrina gasped. "At least it won't hurt as bad, now."

"Very true." Paige replied. "You're fully effaced and dilated, now. I hope I didn't put the baby up too far."

"Can you see its head?" Katrina asked. "Oh, wow!" Paige gasped upon inspection. "The baby's head is right there... Here, let me help you to sit up a little more. I'll put these pillows behind your back, and we'll let gravity work on the next contraction. When it comes, I want you to push with everything you've got, okay?"

Katrina could only nod in response, as she was in too much pain to speak. "Oh, God!" she gasped several seconds later. "It's a big one!"

"Let's make it your last, Katrina! Big push!" Paige encouraged. "Good job!" she praised as she caught the baby a moment later. "It's a big, healthy boy."

"Well." Katrina gasped breathlessly as Paige laid the baby in her arms. "I guess Seamus and McKenna will have to learn to love a baby brother... His name will be Jonah Matthew. Jonah was his father's name, and Matthew is in honor of you, Paige. Thank you so much, and may God bless you."

"Thank you." Paige whispered as silent tears trickled down her cheeks. "I'll cut the cord for you, and get him cleaned up, here," she continued, as she gently took Jonah from his mother's arms.

****************************************************

"Thank you so much, Paige." Katrina said several minutes later, as Paige laid Jonah in his mother's arms again. "You're welcome. I'm sorry if I hurt you when I turned him," Paige replied. "It's all over now, and he's healthy; that's all that matters," Katrina stated. "No apology is necessary."

"Do you need anything else before I go?" Paige asked. "No." Katrina stated as she gazed lovingly at her newborn son. "We'll be just fine."

"Alright then, see you later." Paige replied as she stepped out the door. She looked around to make certain no one was watching before she orbed herself home.

Back At Halliwell Manor

"Paige? Is that you?" Phoebe called. Paige groaned softly to herself as she peered up at the ceiling from her bed. "All I wanted was to orb myself home and take a nap without being disturbed. Was that too much to ask?" Paige muttered to no one in particular. "Paige? Honey? Are you okay?" Phoebe asked as she opened Paige's bedroom door and walked in. "You know, Phoebs, polite people knock before opening a closed door," Paige replied pointedly. "Sorry, sweetie." Phoebe responded as she came further into the room. Paige rolled her eyes as Phoebe seated herself, uninvited, on the bed. "You're lying down; are you not feeling well, sweetie?" Phoebe asked. "I'm fine," Paige sighed. "I was just going to take a nap because I'm exhausted."

"Okay then, have a good nap." Phoebe replied. She gave no indication that she was actually leaving, though. Paige sighed again, this time frustratedly. "Where did you end up going, honey?" Phoebe asked. "Northern Ireland. I delivered a baby," Paige replied. "Really? Cool. Boy or girl?" Phoebe asked. "Boy." Paige replied before she rolled over onto her side so her back was to Phoebe. "Does he have a name?" Phoebe asked. "Phoebs, I said I was tired!" Paige snapped, without intending to. "Can we play twenty questions later?" she added in a softer tone.

"I'm sorry I bothered you." Phoebe replied, her voice revealing hurt feelings. "Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry." Paige responded in a remorseful tone. The only response she received was the sound of her bedroom door slamming as Phoebe left. "I feel so horrible." Paige whispered as she began to cry. "I was nasty to Phoebs and she didn't deserve it. What's gotten into me?" With that, her tears flowed faster, and she ended up crying herself to sleep.

******************************************************

At the same time down the hall in Piper's room, Phoebe was also in tears. "What did I do to her, Piper?" Phoebe sobbed. "She came home from her whitelighter call, and I was curious... I went in to talk to her, and she was lying down. I asked if she was okay, and she was a total bitch about it."

"Phoebs, look... Being a whitelighter isn't as easy as it looks. Believe me; I'm speaking from experience," Piper stated. "After taking care of Leo's charges for the one afternoon that I had to, thanks to Garrett's little power-swapping trick. I have a new respect for what he and Paige do. If you think being a witch is difficult, taking care of whitelighter charges is worse. Poor Paige has to deal with both. Can you please cut her a little slack? I'm sure she didn't mean to snap at you, sweetie; she's probably exhausted."

"Yeah." Phoebe sniffled. "Thank you," she replied as Piper passed her a tissue. "Paige did mention that she was tired... It's my fault for not leaving her alone. I guess I deserved what I got. "

"Honey, you have to keep in mind..." Piper began, as she rubbed Phoebe's back comfortingly. "Paige was raised as an only child... she's not used to having sisters in her face all the time. You have to back off and stop 'mothering' her, before she unleashes a can of 'Wiccan whup-ass' on you. Don't forget, she can orb you wherever she wants to, and Leo may not make it there in time to save you. As you recall, Paige was evil in a past life," she finished with a broad smile, to indicate that she wasn't serious. "You don't really think she would do that, do you?" Phoebe gasped, with an expression of horror on her face. "Phoebs, relax I was kidding." Piper replied through a giggle. "Let's be realistic, here; Paige would never intentionally hurt you, and you know it."

"I guess." Phoebe replied as she snuggled closer to Piper.

t㨺":