Seconds Later- The Shadow Realm

Paige landed hard with a thud and a grunt of surprise, wondering where she had ended up. Nothing looked familiar to her, and she was frightened. "Where am I?" she whimpered, as she looked at the desolate landscape that surrounded her. "Piper? Phoebe? Leo? Anybody?" she shouted. She looked up, and through tear-blurred vision, she could see her sisters and Glenn searching Halliwell Manor for her. "Paige, c'mon! This is so not funny!" Paige heard Phoebe shout. "Where are you?"

"I wish I knew!" Paige sobbed as she buried her face in her hands. Her head snapped up in hope as she heard Piper's voice screaming. "LEO!!!"

"What is it, baby?" came Leo's irritated response. "I just got Garrett to sleep!"

"Paige is gone." Piper answered on the verge of tears. "What do you mean, 'gone'?" Leo inquired. "Her water just broke...why would she leave the house? That's ridiculous."

"We were in the bathroom with her when she had another contraction," Piper explained. "Before any of us knew it, she was gone, and I need you to see if you can sense her."

"I'll try." Leo promised as he sat down beside Piper on Aunt Pearl's couch in the attic. Piper studied her husband anxiously as he tried to sense her sister's location. "I can't get a read on her, which means she's probably on another plane of existence." Leo said a few minutes later.

Piper sighed disappointedly as she flopped back into the couch cushions. "How are we going to find her now?" she asked, as her eyes filled with tears. "She's all alone somewhere, terrified and in pain!" Leo pulled Piper into his embrace as he kissed the top of her head and vowed. "We'll find her. Right now, you have to summon Grams and your Mom so they can be here for Paige."

****************************************************

Meanwhile, in the Shadow Realm, Paige looked up when she heard someone call gently. "Paige?" Paige looked up and smiled as she saw who had called her name. "Mom?" she asked. "Is that really you?"

"Yes, baby; it's me." Patty reassured her youngest daughter. "Where am I?" Paige sniffled. "You're in the Shadow Realm." Patty explained. "When you girls read the summoning spell, this is where we hear it."

"How do I get myself home?" Paige inquired. Before Patty was able to respond, they both heard Piper's voice, saying.

"Hear these words, hear my cry, spirit from the other side. Come to me, I summon thee, cross now the great divide."

"Sit tight, honey; I'll tell your sisters where you are." Patty said as she disappeared into thin air.

Paige began to cry again as she watched Patty appear to her sisters, seconds after the arrival of Grams.

"Patty, honey." Grams began as she looked at her daughter in confusion. "What are you doing here? The Elders forbade it."

"Screw The Elders!" Patty snapped. "Well, we know now where your dislike of them stems from." Leo muttered to Piper, earning himself a sharp elbow to the ribcage. "Ow!" he yelped. "Zip it!" Piper whispered harshly to Leo, as Patty continued speaking. "If it weren't for Them and Their stupid 'rules', Sam and I wouldn't have been forced to give Paige up in the first place! I think They owe it to me to let me be here for Paige when she needs me!" As she finished speaking, she looked to Piper and Leo, who nodded their heads in confirmation.

"Mom is right, Grams..." Piper stated quietly. "The Elders have some pretty stupid rules, and poor Paige is scared out of her mind right now; probably more so since she's gone missing on us," she finished, her eyes bright with unshed tears. "Missing? Sweetheart, what do you mean?" Penny inquired of her granddaughter. "I mean, she had a contraction in the bathroom, and the next thing we knew, she orbed out, gone! We have no idea where she is, or how to find her, because Leo can't sense her!" Piper finished in a wail as her tears began to flow again.