Chapter 6

I walked into the room that I was holding Nightwing in. He was so easy to capture, he wanted my to capture him. he must really love me, If he fell into my trap so easily.

I went over to the record player and put Kashmir by Led Zeppelin on. I walked over to my captive and took his utility belt off. I searched him knowing he's have extra things stored on him. All I found was a photo of two children. I tossed it aside then pulled the sack off his head.

"Hey sweetie," I teased.

"Maria, why are you doing this?" He asked.

"For the fun of it." I smiled.

"Maria you need help. Let me go and I can get you the help you need so you can come home to our children." He said.

"I am home, I'm with the people I need to be with." I said as I went over to my tray of torched devices.

"Maria-"

"my name is Nightingale!" I yelled as I threw a throwing knife at his shoulder.

He grimaced and I pulled the knife out. I stepped closer to him and he wrapped his legs around my waist and pulled me against him and kissed me. The kiss had fireworks, I enjoyed it so much, but I could not give him the satisfaction of the kiss. I pulled away and laughed. He had a hopeful look on his face. I then punched him directly in the center of the chest. He coughed as I walked away.

"Can I see your tattoos?" He groaned.

I look at him curiously, I walked over to him And kept out of leg rang. I held my left arms out so he could see the circus tent, on my inner wrist the tent was open and you could see a spot light. Followed by the black and white trees that blended down to just above the tattoo below it. I had it also on my right arm above the archer and arrows tattooed on my forearm. Then the red roses that covered the rest of both of my arms and shoulders.

"They're beautiful." Nightwing Said. I nodded.

The record had gone on to the next song. I wanted to be closer to him. I went over to the metal table and leaned against it.

"I can't I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Maria?" Nightwing asked.

The next thing I knew I had a knife in my hand and I was throwing it. "No!" I yelled as the knife landed in him right above his hips.

I lost control of my actions. I felt trapped as I watched myself start chanting and the next thing I knew Nightwing's body was con losing and he was screaming.

"Maria please!" He yelled. I was actually hurting him.

Artemis and Aqua Lad dropped in. I backed away.

"I'm sorry," I wanted to say, "help me," instead I laughed manically as I ran out of the room.

An arrow skimmed my shoulder, I glanced back and Aqua Lad was getting Nightwing out of the chains. Artemis notched another arrow.

"Don't hurt her." Nightwing moaned to Aqua Lad.

I ran out and into the night and across the roof tops. I ran for my life back to my bunker and had Sugar sew me up before I left again.

•••

My mind was getting worse since I torchered Nightwing. Guilt was building up inside me. But why? I was a villain, I don't feel guilty.

I sat on the roof and I let out a yell of agony. I was no longer at war with the League, but at war with myself.

Memories from a different life haunted me. Me marrying Nightwing and having his children. A warm feeling filled my chest every time I thought of him. I hated it. I screamed again.

I went to the bunker and pulled Sugar away from the dinner he was eating.

"What's wrong Nightingale?" He asked.

"I need three robins on my left collarbone." I said.

He nodded, "I could put them on a line." Sugar said.

"Do it," I laid on the table and he did a vine and three robins tattooed to my chest to only the left half of my chest.

It didn't take him long to finish My tattoo. I kissed Sugar and got dressed.

"I've got to go away, Sugar, I've got to end this. I need answers and Ivy and Harley aren't giving me any." I said.

"I'll miss my favorite costumer." Sugar said.

"I'm going to set you free, Sugar." I Said.

"Really?" He exclaimed.

I nodded as I sat on the table. "In the morning though." I said.

The next morning I freed Sugar and we went our separate ways. I went to the remains of Mt. Justice. I sat on a rock and waited. Waited for the ones I needed to talk to.

___________________________
A/n: sorry I didn't post this morning. I had something and couldn't do it before school.

Also since Maria has so many tattoos. I to the time to make collages so you all have a visual of what the tattoos look like.

 I to the time to make collages so you all have a visual of what the tattoos look like

Hope those help

Hope those help.
-Zodiac
Ps I don't own any DC characters or any of the photos of the tattoos