Chapter 11

Maria pov
I stayed in my room till Oliver came in.

"Come on." He waved.

I got up and followed him downstairs. Team Arrow was in the living room. They all stared at me.

"You want to know why I didn't cry at the funeral? And why I didn't seem sad. It Was because she's alive." Oliver pointed to me.

"Maria," Dinah got up and ran over To hugged me.

"Why on earth did you do that?" She asked as she cupped my face.

"I'm sorry. I needed to take on a new name and hero identity. Zodiac may be a league member but she's still seen as a villain. A man nearly died because he wouldn't grab my hand and let me help him." I said.

"But was death really the solution?" Felicity asked.

"I hope it was." I Said.

"Can you help me with creating a new Identity?" I asked Felicity as she hugged me.

"Ya sure," she said.

Diggle came over and gave me a hug. "Don't make me cry." He said.

"I'm sorry," I said. I then remembered Dick.

"Wait," I let go of Diggle.

"Dick," my heart ached think about him mourning my death.

"I forgot about him." I said falling to my knees.

"He's not the only one you've hurt. Your old team mates, Your children, anyone who got close to you. This was a very selfish thing you did Maria." Oliver said.

"I...I...." I didn't know what to say. "I'll tell him eventually." I said taking a deep breath as I stood up.

"Let's get started on your new identity and hero." Felicity said.

She got her laptop out. "What name?" She asked.

"Anastasia, it was what I used to call myself when I was little." I said.

"Alright Anastasia, Do you want a Russian last name?"

"sure," I said.

By the time we were done Anastasia Orlov was my new. My new hero name was Phoenix.

"You've got the new names but what about your looks?" Felicity asked.

"You remember when Artemis had that necklace with the pendent that made her look different?" I asked.

"I remember that." Oliver said.

"Well I know how to do that spell, but it will take some time for me to recover my magic before I can preform it." I Said.

"Well we'll keep you hidden until then." Oliver said.

Dinah helped me make my new suit in the mean time.

-a month later-

Once I was able to make the pendent and make it to where my friends and family wouldn't recognize me. I asked Oliver to see if he could get me back on my old team.

"Is the necklace done?" Dinah asked.

"It is," I said as I put the pendent on a silver chain. I put it on and Dinah gasped.

"What?" I asked as I looked in the mirror and saw a blonde version of myself with no tattoos and a beauty mark, right below my right eye.

"You Look like me." She said as she walked over to me.

"I think this will work." I smiled as I looked at the mirror.

Oliver walked with me as we walked into the Young Justice's new base. Dick was staring at a monitor. Jamie and Justice were playing on the floor near him. I bit my lip and refused to look at him.

"Nightwing," Oliver Said.

My children looked up and Jamie ran over to Oliver and he picked her up.

"Papa," She laughed.

"Papa?" I asked.

"This is my granddaughter, Jamie. And her brother over there is Justice." Oliver said as we walked over to Dick. He still hadn't given us a second glance.

"Dick," Oliver said to get his attention.

"What is it Oliver?" He asked still focusing on the screen.

"I have someone that would be good on your team." He said. He looked at Oliver then me.

"What can she bring to the team?" He asked.

"She came to me with a very gifted magic ability, similar to Maria." Dick looked away.

"I taught her Combat, hacking, and multiple languages." Oliver said.

"Team to the main room." Dick radioed.

The team came in and Dick went and picked Justice up.

"Computer, sparing sequence." He said.

"Red, your up." He said to Tim. I smiled. This was just like the first time I joined the team.

I stepped up  and Tim joined me.

"Take your position." Dick Said. I took my fighting stance.

"ReAdy And go." I knew Tim's legs were his weeks point when he engaged.

Tim threw a punch and I dodged and punched his side. He grunted and then stepped back. He tried for a kick and I grabbed his leg and twisted and I heard his leg pop. I let go and kicked him in the stomach making him fall over ending the match.

"Is that all you've got?" I asked Dick.

I put my hands on my hips. "Your cockiness will get you no where on this team." Dick gave Justice to M'gann and he joined in the ring.

"Take your positions." Oliver said.

Dick took his normal starting position and I took mine. He had his encrisma sticks in his hands. We started and Dick gave a war cry and he ran at me. I ducked as he swung at me. I hit his side and managed to get behind him. He turned and I could see rage in his eyes. I kicked him in the gut knocking him back. He didn't have his head on straight, so I decided to let him win. He punched me in the jaw and then he kicked me in the gut. I fell to my knees.

"If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch." He walked away and back to his computer.

"She can't be on the team. She isn't strong enough." Dick Said.

He was going off pure emotions. Even though it had been a month, he was still grieving over my death. I got up and walked over to Oliver. I wiped the blood off my lip.

"Sorry Ollie." I said.

"It's okay, Kid. Bye Jamie." He kissed Jamie's cheek Then put her down. M'gann came over to us and Oliver said goodbye to Justice before we left.

___________________________
A/n: Hope you enjoy this chapter
-Zodiac