Chapter 12

Two weeks later I went to Blüdhaven. Dick was still patrolling that city. I thought it was a good time to confront him.

I flew to our normal stake out spot and sure enough he was there.

"What do you want?" He asked with out looking at me.

"I didn't fight fair the other day. I let you win." I said.

"Theres something weird about you, I can't put my finger on it but there's something off." He Said as I stepped toward him.

"You don't like me because I'm Ollie's protege, like Maria." I said changing the subject back. Dick looked at me, his eyes wide.

"I know about her," I Said as I looked out at the city.

"I miss her," he said.

"I know she was your wife, but who was she to you?" I asked.

"She was my everything. I loved her with every fiber in my body. She made my world seem calm when there was a hurricane going on around us. I'm not whole without her." He said as he rubbed his wrist.

"That's beautiful." I Said as I tried to not show him I was blushing.

"It's the truth. Now you didn't come all the way here to talk about my dead wife." He said changing his tone.

"I came for a second chance to join your team. I feel as though I have the ability to join." I said.

"Alright, if you can keep up with me tonight. You're in." He said.

•••

At the end of the night I went back to Star City.

"Did you tell him?" Felicity asked when I got to the Arrow Cave.

"No, I wanted but -" I was lost for an excuse. "I don't have a good excuse why I didn't tell him." I said ashamed.

"Shame on you." Felicity said.

"But he and our children are staying at the cave. I could go and confront him." I said.

"You should." Felicity said.

•••

I went to the team's HQ and followed then sound of children laughing. Jamie was in the living room with Justice. Sitting on the couch. I went over to them.

"Hello Jamie," I crouched down In front of her and took my necklace off.

"Hello Mommy," she smiled, as I put my necklace back on.

She hugged me. I took Justice off the couch and he smiled as I held him.

"Hi buddy." I smiled at him through my dark sunglasses.

"Jamie time for dinner." Dick came in. "Phoenix? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Daddy Mommy's back." Jamie climbed on the couch and pointed back to him. I took my necklace off and unzipped my jacket.

"Maria?" Dick whispered.

"Hi," I said. Dick climbed over the couch to me.

"Why?" He asked. He grabbed my shoulders. "Why did you do this!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry, It was a selfish move. I didn't think about those around me that would get hurt." I said. He took Justice and sat him on the couch.

"It's been over a month and a half. A month and an half that I have mourned your death. I have been beating myself up over you!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry, Dick. I was blind. The only thing I was thinking about was my reputation. I forgot about you and the kids. I'm sorry." I said. Dick picked Justice up.