Chapter 13

Dick was taking me to surprise the Batfamily that I was alive. We'd talked about it and decided they deserved to know I was alive. I carried Justice as I followed Dick out of the cave.

The family was luckily all there. "Hey Can everyone meet me in the lounge. I have someone I would like you all to meet." Dick said over the intercom.

We went there and I sat down in a chair. I let Justice play on the floor with Jamie.

"Come on Justice say, 'Papa' for me." Dick said to him.

"I'm telling you he said his first word already." Dick said as the family filed in.

I got up and Bruce came over to me. "Nice To meet you, I'm Bruce Wanye." He said as he shook my hand.

"Nice To meet you, Dick speaks very highly of you." I Smiled.

"Gentlemen, this is my girlfriend, Anastasia Orlov." Dick said.

"You're already moving on? Maria's only been dead for two months." Tim said.

"I'm not one to sit around and mope." Dick smiled. Alfred came over to me.

"Nice To meet you Miss. Orlov. I'm Alfred Pennyworth, the Wayne family butler." He said.

My heart ached as he held his hand out for my To shake. I instead hugged him.

"I've missed you Alfred." I said.

"Pardon me?" He said.

I let got and reached for my necklace. I took it off and They're eyes got wide.

"Maria?" Alfred managed to say.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for make you all think I was dead." I said.

"It was very selfish of me to do so." I Said.

Jamie hugged my leg. I picked her up. "Pretending to be dead isn't fun." Jason said.

"I technically was dead for a couple days. Before the spell revived me." I Said.

"How many days was it?" I asked.

"Four days." Dick Said. I looked at Dick sympathetically.

"I'm sorry, and I'm sorry about the almost two months where you thought I was dead." I Said.

Dick nodded. Jason gave me a hug. "You are not allowed to fake your death again without telling us." He Said.

"Oh that was a one use spell. If I tried it again It would kill me." I Said.

"Good," He said. Tim and Damien hugged me. We sat down and we caught up.

"I feel like I need to be completely honest on the things I did before you got Ivy out of my head." I said. "That kryptonite gem I had on my circlet. I got it from Lex." I said.

"That makes since Lex, Star Labs and I are the only two who have a massive stash of it." Bruce said.

"I feel terrible for everything I've done. The guilt has been eating at me for a long while. Even after the surgery I was ashamed and I tried to do good but everyone feared the heavily tatted woman who bare the name of a ex hero." I said. Ace came over and nuzzled my hand. I put his head.

•••

I laid against Dick. Justice was laying on my chest, and Jamie was playing with toys on the ground.

"So how are we going to play this out? Us being together?" I asked.

"Just like we did last time." Dick said as he kissed.

"We'll pretend to date, then have a wedding and then we'll be married again."

•••

"Hey Maria, everyone thinks you're dead." Dick Said.

"I know," I said.

"The Hall of Justice wants your suit for the museum." Dick Said.

I took a breath, "let them have it. I'm not doing anything with it. " I got up.

"This is hard," I said as I walked to the window.

"I know, you're living a double life, here you're Maria, my loving and alive wife. But to the world you are dead." Dick said as he hugged me.

"I want to get back out there, with a new identity As Anastasia." I said.

"I know you can do that." Dick kissed my cheek.

__________________________
A/n: last chapter, I'll have the Book up later today. It's going to be called Phoenix. I'll let y'all know when it's up
-Zodiac