Chapter 10

Oliver pov
I walked into the room where Maria's body was. She laid peacefully in a casket. She was dressed in a navy blue dress. Her hands were placed on top of a bouquet of red roses, her favorite. Her tattoos completely visible. I walked over to it. I put my hand on the side on the casket.

"Why did you do it?" I asked never to know the answer.

I stood there alone with her mask in my hands and the next thing I know was Maria gasped for air. She sat up panting for air.

"Maria?" I exclaimed. She turned to me.

"Give me a second." She laid by down and put her arm over her eyes.

"Ugh! That wasn't fun." She said.

"Maria?" I asked again.

"Hey Dad." She smiled with a wiry smile.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I hit the reset button." She said as she sat up again. I looked back at the door scared someone may come in.

"Can you help me?" She asked.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"How are you alive?"

"Magic, it was a spell that allows the caster to be dead for a while till the spell revives them." She said.

"Can you get me out of here?"

"Why would I do that?" I asked.

"Because, I need to start over." She said.

"To restart your entire life. Maria you have a husband and two amazing children. Are you truely willing to leave them." I asked.

"Just for a little while." She said.

I helped her out of the casket and I closed the lid. The door rattled and Maria ran into a closet. Two men came in to take the casket to the church for the funeral. I glanced back to where Maria was hiding then left as they took the casket to the Herst.

Maria pov
Once they were gone, I left my hiding place. I went out the back and went to Oliver's nearest base and zetaed to the mansion.

The staff was mourning so I easily snuck into my old room and got a change of cloths.

Dick pov
I walked into the church. Holding Justice in one arm and holding Jamie's hand. I couldn't bare to look at Maria's casket. I sat down and I could already feel the tears building up behind my mask. Bruce, Dinah, and Ollie were sitting with me.

"She still loves you." I heard M'gann tell me telepathically. I looked back at her and glared.

"Stop it." I thought.

When It was my turn to speak. I went up.

"Zodiac was an amazing woman. she seemed to be able to balance everything thing at once. So when she....changed. It surprised us all. She turned into a vigilante, she threw her ethics out the window. And I believe Bel Rev caused her to change. But she always was a loving and caring person. She wanted to help people no matter what the cost. So when she jumped I don't think anyone saw it coming." I said. "I clearly didn't."

Oliver pov
I felt guilty as I watched Dick give a eulogy to an empty casket. I prayed he didn't kill me when he found out. I hugged her. Dick's eyes were red and watery behind his mask, like at any moment he could start crying again. He returned to his seat and took justice back. Thea put her hand on his shoulder,

"she didn't deserve it." Thea said.

Dick shrugged her hand away.

Dick pov
After all the eulogies, we picked up the casket and Bruce, Jason, Tim, Oliver, Dinah and I carried her casket out.

We took her to the Wayne burial plot and we lowered her into the ground. We lowered her into the ground and I was the first to put a shovel of dirt into the hole. I stepped away and I wanted to run but I went and sat with my children. I held tight to Justice.

When everyone went inside I stayed out by the freshly laid placed dirt.

"I still love you." I muttered.

"I should have seen the signs that you were depressed. But our lives were too hectic. I'm sorry Maria, I failed you." I Said. I turned and headed back to the manor.

___________________________
A/n: so the school trip was canceled due to heavy rain.
-Zodiac