28 | Real Life

Blanca Perez didn't believe in love at first sight. She grew up on Disney movies and watching enough Spanish Soap Operas to believe in it, but she just didn't. In her mind, love at first sight was just a myth.

That afternoon, though, her beliefs would radically and irrevocably change.

Blanca stood waiting outside of her car in the driveway of the hotel the boys were staying in this time around. She played around with the hem of her shorts that had taken an hour for her to pick out. After changing too many times to count, she landed on jean shorts and off the shoulder black crop top with a pair of black converse. She had done the basics of her make up - not wanting to go overboard - with her hair down. She still wasn't sure if this was the right outfit. The nerves were intense, and her mind was not done making assumptions to heighten them. Before she could do anything to calm them, her phone lit up with a direct message on Instagram from Harrison letting her know they were heading down. 

"Blanca!" A voice called out a few moments later. It took everything in Blanca to not start fangirling and instead look up and just smile at the two boys walking towards her. Both of them looking a lot better in person that Blanca was ready for. Harrison was the first one to get to Blanca, wrapping his arms around her in a quick hug.

"Hey! It's nice to finally meet you in person!" Harrison said, when he pulled away from her.

Blanca smiled widely, "Same here! I can't quite believe this is actually happening."

"Hey Blanca," Tom stood slightly behind and to the side of Harrison, and when he spoke Blanca turned towards him but could not seem to make eye contact. "It's nice to meet you."

Instead of speaking, Blanca moved towards him and the pair hugged. To say that it was different then when she hugged Harrison would be to say the least. It was longer; it was more meaningful; it was the perfect amount of more.

"Hi Tom! I can't believe I'm actually meeting you." Her cheeks were starting  to hurt from how hard she was smiling, but she still didn't make eye contact. "This is really weird, but like in a good way." Blanca knew she was rambling but she couldn't stop herself: she was truly personifying BlancaBabbles. "I'm super excited for today."

Tom smiled at her, still standing closer to her than necessary, "I am too, I've wanted to hang out with you since I saw some of your videos." Blanca felt a little bit of relief, Tom hadn't mentioned the tweet. The relief was momentary. "The tweet was also very flattering."

"About that," Blanca covered her face with her hands, "I'm sorry you had to read that."

"I'm not."

"I think we should get going guys, if we wanna see those dinosaur bones." Harrison said. If we were being honest, Blanca and Tom had forgotten he was there. "I'll hop in the backseat so you guys can keep flirting."

Tom rolled his eyes and laughed, and finally Blanca looked him in the eyes. In that moment Blanca's beliefs changed. In that moment Blanca believed in love at first sight.

"Wait," Harrison called from the backseat as Tom and Blanca got into their seats, "are you even a good driver Blanca?"

Blanca shrugged while handing the aux cord to Tom, "I mean no ones died with me at the wheel, so I would say so."

***

THEY MET AND I AM SO HAPPY! I know I didn't do the whole day but I everyone has their own definition of cute, so ya'll can imagine how it went.