63 | Real Life

"I can't believe you took me to the Harry Potter studios tour and you put up with me nonstop talking and freaking out for seven hours." Blanca smiled at Tom as they walked hand in hand, leaving the studios and heading towards a Wagamama that was near by. "This is by far the best date."

"Your freaking out was adorable. I don't think I have ever seen you so entranced with anything. I love how much you get invested in things." Tom smiled, pulling her into his side and trying to be as discreet as possible not wanting to gain any attention from paparazzi.

Blanca quickly tried to justify herself, "I just love fictional worlds. When movies and books take me to a world, whether there is a fantastical element or not, and I get to experience something different that what I live day-to-day, it is so freeing. I feel like I can separate myself from my real life and go into a world that would otherwise be closed to me. I don't know, that probably sounds stupid and makes no sense. It's an escape, in a sense."

"That's not stupid B," Tom reassured.

The two walked the rest of the way to the restaurant talking about their different favorite parts of the tour. Once they reached their destination, took their seats and gave their orders, Blanca decided it was a perfect time to give Tom his late birthday gift.

"I know you said to not get you anything, but I didn't listen to you because you're not my boss. Technically, I'm my boss. So I listened to myself and got you a little something." Blanca said, shoving a box towards Tom.

He knew trying to protest would get him nowhere. Instead, he slowly untied the silver bow wrapped around the black box and took off the lid. Inside was a shot glass with a unicorn surrounded by sunflowers with the date, 1/14/18 underneath it.

"I know it's a little girly but-"

"Unicorns are boss and sunflowers are beautiful." Tom interrupted her.

"Exactly! And the date is-"

"The date that Jax tweeted your hoe thoughts about me." Tom interrupted again, this time causing Blanca to blush.

"Yeah, I have a matching one at home. Instead of the unicorn and sunflowers, though, it has the crescent moon and a rainbow." Blanca paused to catch her breathe and try to stop herself from blushing even more than she already was. "Happy birthday again Tom. I really am glad I know you."

"This is the perfect gift. I will gladly get drunk with this shot glass. I never knew you had this sappy, sentimental, cheesy side to you, I like it. Thank you for this." Tom said, standing up from his chair and moving over to place a kiss on Blanca's cheek. "You look adorable when you blush my love," He whispered in her ear before sitting back down. Blanca's  cheeks flamed up even more as she did everything to avoid eye contact, not knowing how much more she could blush before bursting into real flames. "I got you all hot and bothered, didn't I?"

That was all it took. Blanca's entire body responded by combusting. The heat didn't just stay in her cheeks. Tom really knew how to set her off.

***

Props to you if you remember when Blanca said that about unicorns and sunflowers. Also, this book is ending soon, do ya'll want a sequel?

10/8/18: this is so sappy. I love it.