49 | Real Life

Blanca was nervous. It wasn't enough to cause her to tell her driver to take her back home, but it was enough for her to take notice of it. She'd walked red carpets before and they were always a cause for stress for her, but she felt accomplished after the fact. Tonight was slightly less pressure. The pressure she was feeling came more from the fact that Tom and his brothers, along with the entirety of the cast of one of her favorite cinematic universes were all going to be present at this event. This pressure was different.

"All you have to do is smile at the cameras and then you can go inside." Blanca said to herself as the car pulled up to the beginning of the red carpet. "Smile and go inside."

The door of the car was opened by one of the people working at the premiere. Blanca took a breath before stepping out in a white dress that had taken a whole day to find. A woman came up to Blanca once she stood at the red carpet and told Blanca where to stand as soon as the person ahead of her moved further along. Blanca thanked her and looked over to see who was ahead of her. Anthony Mackie stood there getting his picture taken by the many paparazzi present and causing Blanca to internlly freak out.

Blanca slowly walked into the view of some of the cameras, smiling and posing along the way. She was trying her best to keep herself calm. Breathing. One foot in front of the other. Smile. Hand on waist. Two hands on waist. Arms down. Over the shoulder. Smiling with teeth. Smiling without teeth. Small smile. Over the shoulder. She didn't fully process walking to the end of the photo part of the red carpet and reaching where different celebrities were being interviewed. Blanca breathed out in relief and moved over to where the entrance for the theatre was.

"Blanca!" A voice called out to her before she could reach the door. She turned around and saw Elizabeth Olsen waving and walking towards her. "It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"Oh my gosh hi!" Blanca gushed. The two girls hugged each other tightly. "I'm such a big fan."

Elizabeth smiled as they pulled apart, "Aw, thanks babe! I am so happy you are here. Tom couldn't stop blabbing about it in between interviews."

"Oh Tom, he's just so into me." Blanca joked.

"Honestly," Elizabeth laughed. " And I'm assuming you feel the same way."

Blanca blushed and looked down at her feet, "I mean, you wouldn't be wrong in assuming that."

"I have to finish a few more interviews but I'll see you in there." Elizabeth explained before walking back towards one of the interviewers.

Before Blanca could move, something caught her eye. Someone, to be more specific. There was Tom standing in a suit smiling and answering questions that a woman was asking him. Blanca couldn't help but to bite her bottom lip and and look the boy up and down.

"He looks good, doesn't he?" Blanca looked up to see Chris Pratt smiling at her. "It's nice to meet you Blanca."

Blanca's mouth fell open, but she quickly closed it to not embarrass herself more than she already had. "Uhm, hi! Wow, uhm, I'm a big fan."

"Thank you! I'm a fan of you too." Chris said, pulling Blanca into a hug.

Blanca was speechless again, but thankfully a face she had met before was walking towards her.

"I'll see you in there." Chris said moving back towards the interviewers and waving.

"Blanca!" Harrison kissed her cheek once he reached her. "You're gonna be sitting with us, by the way. Tom had them save you a seat next to him."

"Sounds good to me." Blanca smiled and then noticed the three boys standing next to Haz. "Hello, I'm Blanca. It's nice to meet y'all."

"Oh right! These are Sam, Paddy and Harry." Haz said as each boy hugged Blanca, all of them adding a 'pleasure is mine'. "Why don't we wait inside for Tom to finish up, he might be a while."

All of them nodded in agreement and Blanca finally ended up inside the theatre. The group started discussing movie snacks and the pros and cons of inside pockets that are always denied to girls - the five of them getting along seemlessly. Blanca's nerves started to lower and she felt slightly more in control of her anxiety than she thought she would.

"You guys didn't even wait for me to start, so rude." Tom joked as he walked towards the group of some of his favorite people. Tom stopped next to Blanca and put his arm on her waist, quickly and sweetly popping a kiss on her lips. "Hello love, you look gorgeous."

"Hey, you don't look too bad yourself." Blanca shot back, trying to hid her surprise and her pure delight.