Chapter 11: Baby Steps

Bruno and I were back at home and we were planning a family dinner with everyone. Bruno was at the studio right now and was going to the store to grab the stuff for us to cook for our family.

I had already set the table and got everything ready to cook. So I was with my baby girl trying to get her to walk. She can take a few steps before falling onto her butt.

"Come on Leilani", I say

I stood her up and watched her take a few steps and my phone vibrates and I turn to see what it was.

What do you need? -Baby

Ground Beef, Sauce, Chicken, Potatoes, Rice, Vegetables of your choice. -Me

I sent the message, put my phone on the couch, and noticed that Leilani isn't around.

"Leilani?", I called

No answer, I get up and went looking around, and I see her in the kitchen walking. All by herself, I run back to get my phone so I can record her, and I record her trying to get into the drawers and walking around.

"Leilani", I call

She looks up at me and went back to doing whatever she was doing.

"You walking?", I asked

She then starts to run but she didn't get far because she lost her balance and she fell. I go up to pick her up and I kissed her all over her face.

"my baby girl, we are going to take a nap and wait for daddy to come home", I say and take her upstairs

"mama, milk", he says

I go back downstairs and got her a sippy cup full of milk. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was only 3:32pm so I had about 5 hours until everyone comes. So me and Leilani can take a two hour nap.

I get back to my room, put Leilani in her crib that was near my bed, and gave her the sippy cup. I turn the light off and climbed into my bed and slowly fell asleep.

...

I wake up and noticed it was dark outside, shit I slept for too long, I check my phone and see a few messages from Bruno and a few others.

Sorry love, I had to go to another store for the sauce I should be home by 6pm -Babe

Hey, sis what time should me and Taylor arrive? -Rosie

So we're you not going to invite me to your little dinner party? -Tayla

I rolled my eyes and see the time was 5:12.

To Bruno: Its okay take your time baby

To Rosie: 8pm

To Tayla: Why the fuck would i invite you, your husband and my niece and nephew are the only one on the invitation that i sent. so why are you asking question the answer was in your face

I get up from my bed and went to the crib...and empty crib.

"what the fuck", I gasped

I started looking everywhere for my baby.

"Leilani!", I cried as I look in every room

Start to panic, I pick my phone up and began to dial Bruno's number, but then I looked out the window and see a woman silhouette. I put my phone down slowly and opened the door. I walked down the few steps and continued towards the women who was standing in the street.

I then heard a familiar baby gurgle. As I was getting closer and I then start to recognize the long black hair.

"what the fuck are you doing Jessica!", I yelled

She turns and she looked scared. "Um, I-"

I grabbed my baby and felt myself start to shake at how nervous and shocked I was.

"Bella, really"

"get away from me!", I yelled

I see the neighbors around started to come out. I noticed it was Kevin Hart and his pregnant wife.

"Yo, whats going on?", Kevin asks

I was starring at Jessica and how crazy she has begun. She broke into my home and took my child. What if she's hurt or even worst.

"Bella are you alright your shaking like hell", Eniko asks

"Look, it is not what it seems", Jessica says

"why are you even here?", Kevin asks

Eniko was trying to get me to go into the house but I couldn't move I was still in shocked that Jessica went this far. I then notice that my guests were starting to arrive, but then I heard wheels screeching down the street and I knew exactly who that was.

The car pulled up and Bruno walked out the car and he had anger, fear, and confusion in his eyes.