Segment 9

"Pass me the salt and vinegar!" Chris says as she plays with the Xbox controls wildly. Beside her sits Marlene as they verse each other in some fighting game. I grab a chip and chuck it into her awaiting mouth. I laugh when I see how serious and concentrated her face is.
Chris lets out a moan of annoyance when Marlene jumps up and starts dancing.
"You owe me twenty!" She sings. Chris passes her up a twenty and folds her arms.
"Anyway, while she grumps around, what happened on the night of Candor or Dauntless when you left with Four?" Marlene sits down beside me. Yesterday I found out Four's name is actually Tobias. When I came home I was grounded by Dad and now Marlene and Christina have come over for a sleepover because dad is out and mum has never been the one into grounding.
"Nothing. He just took me home." I look away.
"No he didn't! Tell us the truth! We all saw you kiss him." Chris shuffles closer, her eyes now sparking and the tips of her mouth turned up to form a smile.
"I kissed him and that was it."
"We both know when you are lying Tris. You can't even look at us." Marlene pokes me.
"Fine. He took me to his house." Both of the girls squeal.
"No! We didn't!" I hush them and they stop squealing, disappointed.
"Then we talked and kissed a bit and he took me home. That was all."
"So your a thing now?"
"I guess." I shrug. The rest of the sleepover contains Xbox and disturbing discussions before we all fall asleep.