Segment 24

"However," my heart drops. "Beatrice is going through a stage where she has to make difficult decisions in life. It is very personal and we do not expect you to understand but Beatrice knows what we mean. Her mother and I do not believe it is wise for her to have a boyfriend until college."
I stand up before I know what I'm doing, my hands gripping the table hard.
"What?" I yell.
"We have made our decision Beatrice. We will not allow you to see this boy again and if it is too difficult for you you will have to move schools." My mother explains calmly. I can't believe this. Tears are beginning to stream from my eyes.
"You have no fucking right to do that!" I scream and my mother and father gasp at my cursed word.
"We have every right and I would prefer if you didn't use that language young lady." My mother warns.
"I don't fucking care! I hate you!" I scream. Besides me Tobias sits, his eyes wide and unsure of what to do.
"Do not speak to your mother like that!" My father is standing now too, his cheeks bright red. "You are starting to become the way you were before again Beatrice! You will not date this boy. End of discussion, now go to your room!"
My ragged breaths come out in sobs and the tears won't stop. But I am more angry than sad. They can't do this.
"Tris..." Tobias stands and grabs my arms, rubbing them gently. "It's okay."
"Don't touch her like that!" My father screams at him. I can't take this anymore. I slap my father across the face furiously and my mother lets out a shriek.
"You're a monster! A disgrace to your family! This boy is only bringing back the devil inside of you!" My father shrieks and I feel hurt as Tobias grabs my hands, pulling me away from the dining room.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~
The party was just as I had expected, lots of drunk people, sluts, bitches, bad boys, drugs, dancing, loud music and everything someone like me stays away from. I follow Meagan and Leighton through the crowd, making sure I stay close. The last thing I want to do is get lost here without their phone numbers.
Finally they stop and join some people I don't know who are drinking from plastic cups, some smoking. I cough in disgust when I sit next to one of the smokers and he laughs at me.
"Beatrice, this is Jake and Cooper." Leighton introduces me and I smile politely which only leaves them laughing at me.
"Why did you bring her here Leighton? It was just a joke you know?" Jake laughs. I don't know what he means.
"Because I never joke around." He smiles to reveal is white teeth.
"Here. Try this." He passes me a plastic cup with a brown liquid inside. I smell it and gag.
"It's just beer. Try some." He laughs. I take a gulp of it down and before i know it I'm having more and more of the horrible stuff and I become drunk.
Everything begins to start spinning but the world no longer seems grey. Everything is made of vibrant colours that dazzle my eyes. I'm going to marry the world in Las Vegas sometime. What am I talking about? I must really be drunk.
I take more and more drinks as we play dirty games and I forget the polite and obedient side of me. I think some of the group is surprised by how wild and dirty I can be. Though throughout the night I have made sure to not kiss or sleep with anyone. I have enough control to do that even when I'm drunk. I still have a reputation unlike most of the kids here.
I find myself dancing on the dance floor even though I can't dance. Meagan joins me and laughs at my ridiculous dance moves. At first she seemed haunting but I'm starting to really like her. She means well except for the tattoos and piercings. She only has some tattoos on her arms and a piercing in her lip and nose. I can't imagine what pain she would have had to go through to get those.
"What?" She asks, obviously drunk too.
"I want a tattoo."
"A tattoo? You?" She laughs. "You must be really drunk!"
"I guess."
"What would mummy and daddy say?" She laughs. I find myself awfully angry about that.
"Don't talk about my parents like that." I growl and stop dancing.
"So what? You can run back to them like the baby you are." She laughs and I change my mind about her.
"I'm not a baby."
"Really?" She taunts and stops dancing.
"Yes and I can prove it." I'm not really sure how I can prove this without doing something I will regret. I take her hand and lead her back to the group. I let go of her hand and walk over to where Jake and Leighton sit. Jake has a random girl on his lap which only leaves me with one option.
As my favourite song comes on I sit on Leighton's lap and everyone falls silent. Leighton just stares at me shocked. I start to taunt him, playing with him in the sexiest way possible for a wild, drunk girl. Leighton just stares at me the whole time and when he lets out a moan I press my lips against his. He kisses me back and we start to make out intensely. I have never actually kissed someone before but I have seen people do it and I am drunk so I don't really care.
"Get a room!" I hear Cooper laugh and they all laugh. I gulp as Leighton stands, still kissing me, so I wrap my legs around his waist. He seems to be taking Cooper seriously and it scares me to death. I have never slept with someone before.
I can't back down now though. As Leighton carries me away I shoot Meagan a glare and she rolls her eyes but smiles. For some reason I forgive her.