Bring "Him" Home

Everyone in the Rivera and the Gonzalez knew that the Rivera musician left his home for sharing his music but they didn't know the reason why he left and why hadn't he come home and though they had a lot of theories they never thought of this particular theory and dismissed it.

Murder.

It came as a shock to them that Papa Hector may have been murdered based as to what Miguel said. Today had been a busy day for finding the two missing children and they so desperately wanted to know what had happened.

Miguel and Angelita wanted to do nothing more than to sleep in their beds but their familia had other intentions.

"But Mama, Miguel and I really need our sleep" Angelita yawned. Just because they had been in the Land of the Dead and their bodies in the Land of the Living had slept through the  whole adventure, doesn't mean the effects of what happened came crashing down on them.

 Feels like a block of ladrillo came crashing down on my head.

Angelita thought, rubbing her head as if to dispel an oncoming headache "You two are not going to have some sleep until you tell what had happened to the two of you" Angelita's Abuelito said with a small glare.

Angelita and Miguel looked at one another, despite the sleepiness and drowsiness they felt, they didn't know if they were to tell them the truth or tell a made up story.

"Tell us everything mijo and how did you come up with the theory of murder" Luisa, Miguel's mother said. Currently, everyone was at the Gonzalez residency and Tia Juana had decided to make some tea and desserts for them.

"Miguel took me away...said his Abuelita smashed his guitar" Angelita began before yawning again. Her whole body wanted to sleep but her mind protested to answer her family's questions and Miguel was barely lifting his head up.

Guilt flashed across Elena's eyes before they disappeared as quick as they had come. Miguel mumbled something before spoke "Left town...went somewhere...found Papa Hector..." Mama Coco's eyes widen before tears sprung out as she began to breath heavily.

"Papa's last letter said that he was somewhere far away. How did you and Angelita managed to head there for one night?"

Her question was lost to the two children because they were already asleep. Angelita's head was leaning on Miguel's shoulder and Miguel had unconsciously placed his chin on her forehead. Antoine sighed "Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder of those two hadn't gone into some romantic affair" Rosa was quick enough to botch him in the head.

"Mi primo would never do something like that until he tells his family" Antoine gave a pondering look "Oh, then why did he hid his secret love of music to you?" Rosa glared at him and Antoine gave a smug grin.

"What about our cousin Antoine? hmm...?" Maria retorted back and her brother whirled around to look at her in shock "I though you were on MY side!" Maria scoffed "I'm on the females here brother" Now it was Rosa's turn to give him a smug grin.

Antoine mumbled incoherent words under his breath before Enrique asked "What are we going to do about this? Are we just gonna let this Hector come into our life?" Silence fell between the two families as they pondered the situation at hand.

"We'll sort that out once these two wake up again, Dios mio they look like they've been through a lot!"

Tio Emilio said as he carried his niece to her bedroom. Elena nodded as Enrique picked his son up and the Riveras bid goodbye to the Gonzalez before going back to business in the Rivera Zapatos Shop.

***

Miguel gasped as he shot out of bed and breathed heavily. A dream of Hector fading, dying and never coming back and get the chance to see Coco invaded his mind like a bullet. He wildly looked around and noticed he was on his bedroom.

Miguel sighed before he hard the door opened and was surprised to see Rosa dressed up as if she was going away. He furrowed his brows "Why are you dressed up like that? Are you going somewhere?" Rosa shrugged.

"Perhaps, with you, Tio Enrique, Abuelita, Angelita and her family on board we'll be able to find him"

Miguel grew confused at her words "By "Him" you mean -"

"Miguelito, why aren't you dressed yet? You're already up so get dressed quickly!" Abuelita suddenly said through the doorway and Miguel hastily followed her orders so as to not anger her again.

"Where are we going?"

Miguel asked as he dressed up in his pants and collared shirt. Abuelita huffed before she heard a knock and went to the front gate to see Angelita, her parents and Abuelito all dressed up. Miguel came running in and saw their state and headed to Angelita.

"Do you have any idea where we are going?"

Angelita shrugged in reply "As far as I know we are going to find this "Him" guy and bring him back home" Miguel's heart pounded for a bit and he dared himself to hope.

"Um... Abuelita, are we going to search for Papa Hector?" Miguel asked. Abuelita turned sharply at him "What are you talking about? Of course we'll be looking for that man. What other person are you thinking?" Angelita and Miguel's faces brightened up.

"Now, are you all set?" Luisa asked as she wheeled Mama Coco in front of them. Goodbyes came from both families as Angelita, Miguel and the others set out to the train station.

"If we're getting Papa Hector back. Does this mean music is welcomed to the family?" Miguel asked. His Abuelita looked at him the corner of her eye "We'll get into that  mijo. For now, let's find that idiota. He left his familia far too long" Miguel and ANgelit smiled at one another before nodding at Elena.

"Well Angelita, looks like another adventure awaits"

"Por lo menos es en la tierra de los vivos donde no tenemos un límite de tiempo"

Angelita said with a shudder and looked at her hands as if bones are going to just come out in front of her.