Special Chapter: A Blue Wedding

"You're getting what?!"

I gaped at the two standing before me in shock and elated happiness for them. Maria nodded and hugged Rodrigo.

"Congratulations!"

I beamed and gave the two of them a huge hug. Antoine came rushing downstairs "What's this about someone getting hitched?" I tackled Antoine into a hug, much to his bewilderment.

"Our little cousin is finally leaving the nest!"

Antoine's eyes widen before tears came pouring out "I thought this day will NEVER happen" Maria glared and crossed her arms.

"Really? You thought that I was gonna be single for the rest of my life?!"

Antoine shrugged his shoulders "Thought so since you clearly showed your displeasure when I asked Rosa to be my wife" Maria gaped "That was different! I thought she would say no since knowing you, trouble is always brewing" I felt a sweat drop forming.

I thought that would be me.

Antoine gave her a smug look "Well, you thought wrong" Maria mumbled out incoherent words before I grabbed my shoes and bounded for the door.

"I need to tell thus to Miguel"

"Would you tell him as well that he will be our Best Man"

"I thought I was your best man!"

"Well you thought wrong Antoine"

***

Miguel had just been about to head to the gate to start his work in the plaza when Angelita literally lunged at him and planted a quick kiss on him.

Miguel stumbled back in shock "eh...?" Was all he could mumble about and Angelita giggled "You still not used to that? We've been dating for 2 months already" Miguel shook his head, a goofy grin forming.

"You make everything new and exciting to me"

"Yucky!"

The two jumped back as Benny and Manny along with Socorro eyed them with distaste "big brother and Angel is kissy kissy daddy!" Socorro yelled. Miguel gave Socorro a glare before he heard his Papa call out.

"Leave them be Socorro but ease up on the display mijo"

Miguel groaned and Angelita laughed before she turned to the matter at hand "Miguel I have great news...Maria and Rodrigo are getting married in about one month from now" Miguel beamed.

"Also, you'll be Rodrigo's best man"

Abuelita Elena suddenly burst out of the door with a wide smile "Our Miguelito is going to be a BEST MAN?!" Before Miguel or Angelita could even process what was going on, Elena had already dragged Miguel away.

"Come mijo, we shall have your fitting now! Goodness knows you might need that suit on YOUR wedding day"

Angelita and Miguel blushed bright red. How far does Abuelita Elena's imagination go?

"You must also have your fitting Angelita"

"But I'm just gonna be a bridesmaid. Also, it's still one month awa -"

"No Excuses!"

***

"This dress is making me uncomfortable. Seriously, I feel like I'm being wrapped up in something stuffy"

 Seriously, I feel like I'm being wrapped up in something stuffy"