Distance Between Us

Dear Miguel,

Being back in the states is both familiar and unfamiliar. One is because my real home is where you are living and the other one is that this is where I grew up in bit never had a "nice" childhood unlike back there with you and the Riveras.

Anyway, we just arrived in our old home and it looked just as the way it is! Can you believe it?! After one whole year not a single thing was moved. I have to go, I need to unpack.

Best Friend Forever,

Angelita Gonzalez.

Miguel couldn't help the goofy grin that was plastered on his face as soon as the first letter arrived. If anything, he waited for a whole day until the mailman arrived.

Grabbing a piece of pen and paper, Miguel began to furiously write constantly looking at the letter Angelita wrote to him.

Señorita Angelita,

It feels weird to know you are miles away from this place. I actually hoped you would come knocking at my door and we would do our daily routine of sewing and shining shoes at the plaza.

Mi Papa is teaching me how to make shoes now so that I may use it for future purposes. Just because music is back doesn't mean the family business is gone.

I really hope you enjoy your stay in the states. Miss you and don't forget to write!

Saludos,

Miguel.

"I'm heading to the post office!"