Journey With Songs

Miguel, Imelda, Hector and I all sat in the back of Pepita as she swooped down below Towns and Cities before I began to notice that there were less houses along the way.

"How long until we reach the gateway to La Muerte's castle?"

Miguel asked and Imelda simply answered "I have no idea how long it will take but alebrijes know where they are going" It wasn't much of a reassurance on how long we get to stay stuck in here but at least we both know that Pepita and Dante are with us. Hector sat down with his brand new guitar Imelda gave to him as their anniversary present and began to play a random melody.

That never gets old

I thought as I drummed my fingers onto the fur of Pepita and she purred in delight at the touch. Miguel beamed and began to follow as background music for Hector.

Imelda unconciously began to hum along with the tune as Dante barked from time to time as he swooped around us.

Everything was going so smoothly until something zipped pass by us that Pepita gave a startled growl and sent us wobbling.

"What was that?" I asked as I steadied myself and Imelda looked down and nearly scowled in anger "You better hold on" Pepita growled as she flapped her wings faster and made a series of turns and twists that sent Miguel and Hector reeling and me feeling sick to the stomach.

"Ladrones..."

Imelda growled and I noticed that accompanying the thieves, that were obviously riding what appears to be the skeletal figure of horses, were two glowing orbs and I could make out the skeletal shapes of it. Pepita jad suddenly made a sharp turn and I was suddenly feeling air.

"Angelita!!"

I heard Miguel scream before I felt him grasp my hand and stopped my freefall death. Dante barked as he dodged another oncoming arrow and flew beside me before trying to hoist me back up to Pepita.

"Tu niña loca"

Hector sighed and I grinned "At least I get to see the whole view" I attempted to joke which was stamped down by Imelda "Now is not the time to joke around" She growled.

"Cave!" Miguel screamed and Pepita managed to make a sharp turn and land softly down at the edge of the cave we all waited with bated breath until we were sure that they were gone.

"I don't get it, why would there be Dead skeletons here as well as the forgotten ones...this place is deserted"

Miguel said and I shook my head "If I remember correctly in my quick trip to the library, I learned that forgotten souls tend to relive their past memories or moments that may be a bit too...precious or traumatic for them" Miguel looked at me.

"Since when do you know so much about this?"

"Since I began reading..."

I said plainly before Hector sighed "Whatever they are at least we won't be seeing them anymore" Imelda crossed her arms in anger "I still want to go after those..." Imelda clenched her hands before turning to us.

"Everyone is alright, right?" We all nodded before Pepita gave a ehine of pain. Dante barked and pointed his snout to a small barb that was pinned to one of Pepita's wing

Imelda made a small curse of anger and worry "She can't fly like this, I may have some ointment in my pocket but I think we'll have to spend the night here" I nodded before standing up.

"I'm going to get some wood. Somewhere..." Hector stood was quick to follow after her before Miguel could even stand up from his position beside Imelda.