The Start of A New Lyric

Miguel woke up from someone jumping up and down from his chest. He heard his wife groan and turn over before the sound of his sweet little girl shouted.

"Wake up mama! Buenos días papá"

Angelita smiled slightly before she flung off the sheets and started kissing her daughter's face everywhere. Dante, healthy as he can be, began licking Miguel everywhere and slobbering his saliva all over.

"What did I tell you about waking us up like that mija?"

Carmita snorted at her mother's tone before answering back "Tia Maria and Tio Antoine are coming to visit the studio" Miguel's eyes popped open and he grinned as he scratched Dante by the ear.

"Never a boring day without Antoine"

Carmita nodded while Angelita groaned "Ever since he and Rosa got married and had kids, they never let us have our alone time together" Carmita pouted at Angelita, a look she got from her father that made Angelita curse whatever force there is for Miguel to pass that look to her mija.

A look she can't refuse.

"Ay...fine, go get your guitar and shoes while your papa and I get dressed"

Carmita nodded before bounding up to her room with a skip in her step with Dante trailing behind her. Angelita suddenly giggled and Miguel looked at her with a questioning look.

"One of these days she's going to snatch the hearts of all men here in Santa Cecilia when she grows up"

Miguel sent hus wife a dark look before speaking "They'll meet the end of my guitar if they do" Angelita laughed at him before sending a quick kiss.

"Classes starts early Miguel. Time to get up"

Miguel groaned before Angelita stood up and trudged to the bathroom. Miguel shook his head before turning to his side to see last years family picture with everyone in the ofrenda.

A small smile made it to his face when he saw himself holding the old family photo of Mama Coco, Mama Imelda and his favorite Papa Hector.

***

Socorro was there with Maria and Antoine when they visited and surprised her big brother with an all out hug attack. Maria kissed a giggling Carmita in the face.

"¡Qué bueno verte de nuevo hermano!"

Miguel chuckled as he hugged his sister. Maria, Antoine and Angelita shared a group hug before Antoine asked.

"How's the married life?"

Angelita snorted "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Antoine shook his head "I may be married to the love of my life for a year now, she still acts like we aren't married" Maria gave him a pout.

"I am so sorry ok your lovelife"

"Don't be...the bed was always rewarding"

"¡Mi hija está aquí! ¡Cuida tu idioma!"

Miguel said in annoyance before Antoine raised his hands before Maria stepped in to intervene as she turned to Carmita and handed her a sparkling bright jewelry.

"A gift from Rodrigo and I to you"

Carmita gave a short squeal before bounding away to hide her treasures in the house.

"Rodrigo and I are extending the shop more for customers to come. It has been hectic with all the work and the little one coming"

Maria said as she rubbed her belly that was slightly enlarged while Antoine gave her a smug grin "Rosa and I just went to the doctors for an appointment and guess whose becoming a daddy again?" Maria and Angelita gave him an incredulous look.

"You?!"

Antoine quickly removed his shirt to reveal his undershirt with big fat letters that shined under the sun.

"I'M A DAD AGAIN!"

"YES!"

Antoine said proudly while the shine nearly blinded Miguel from being too close to Antoine.

"Ack my eyes!"

"Didn't expect you to go all onout announcing! Put your shirt back on!"

Angelita said and Antoine placed it back while Miguel blinked at the sudden change of light.

"Rosa is announcing the others about it. I can't wait for our bundle of joy to come"

"It's bad enough that you have two kids to worry. Now your gonna have another one?!"

Antoine shrugged his shoulders before Carmita called out to her parents.

"Mama, Papa the class is here!"

Maria and Antoine grinned before Miguel and Angelita smiled at one another.

"Well, looks like it's time to work at the studio"

***

Angelita yawned as she trudged her way to the living room to tell Miguel and Carmita that it was time for them to sleep when she heard a sift melody coming from the living room.

She cautiously peeked in to see Carmita with her small handmade guitar and Miguel with his famous skeletal white guitar playing softly Mama Coco's lullaby. Dante was at their feet, already chewing on his bone.

Know that I'm with you, the only way that I can be...

Until you're in my arms again...

Remember me...

Angelita let out a soft clap and all heads turned to her "You are getting better and better everyday mija" Carmita blushed and smiled at her mama.

"I wanna dance like you mama and play lovely like papa"

"No doubt you got Papa Hector's skills when he was around your age he began playing like a pro"

Carmita yawned as Angelita took a seat beside her so that Carmita was sandwiched between her parents.

"Tell me again about Papa Hector and the Land of The Dead. They all sound so real"

Angelita and Miguel gave each other long grins before they settled down with Dante at their feet as he perked up his ears to listen.

"There was a place....a place you've never been before where a jolly trickster skeleton lived as well as the rest of those who passed and his name was Hector Rivera...."