Neighbor With The Cursed Name

Things have been going great for me and Miguel and I must admit, he was such a gentleman at everything.

Well, apart from when we both start to play like reckless children but we are both 13 years old now and it didn't take long before our families decided to talk to us the birds and the bees thing.

Which caused Miguel and I to become awkward around each other for no reason.

This morning had been normal of sorts that is...until I heard the sound of trucks. Confused, I looked out of my window and saw moving trucks one house away from us.

"Whose making that noise?!"

The sound of Antoine reached my ears as I opened my door. He was rubbing his eyes and yawned. Maria came out seconds later with a hairbrush.

"Looks like someone is moving in"

She said and we rushed downstairs, pass the dinning room and to the gate. Unfortunately, Abuelito and Abuelita were ahead of us.

"Where are you three going? Its almost time for breakfast"

Abuelita asked and we three looked out of the window where the moving trucks are. Abuelito followed our haze before he shook his head.

"No we are not going to our new neighbors with an empty stomach. ¡A la sala de comedor ustedes tres!"

Abuelito said before shoving us to the dining room. We kept our gazes on the trucks which made us thee miss the family business meeting with our tailoring.

Once I was the first one to finish, I ran out and saw Miguel talking to a brunette with chocolate brown eyes.

They were talking and Miguel was rubbing the back of his head in shyness and a sickly feeling went through me.

Part of me wanted to greet the two of them while the biggest part of me wanted to pull Miguel away from her and scar her back to where ever she came from.

Who Angelita, that was strong.

Calming myself, I jogged over to them "Hola Miguel" Miguel turned and his smile couldn't get any wider.

"Hola mi bailarina, I'd like you to meet Emilia. She's new here"

I noticed.

I thought disdainfully until Emilia looked over my shoulder and her eyes widen "Hola..." She said meekly.

I turned to my shoulder only to receive the face of Antoine close enough for me to smell his breath.

"Ay! Don't do that!"

I screamed, smacking Antoine in the head as Maria trotted to us. Antoine smiled sheepishly before turning to Emilia.

"¿Cómo se llama Señorita?"

I saw a healthy flush covering Emilia as she gazed down below. Maria and I shared a glance with the same thought in mind.

How the heck did he get a cute girl with his attitude?

"Mi nombre es Emilia"

Antoine gave a dramatic bow which made Miguel chuckle nervously and for Maria and I to roll our eyes.

"Encantado Sñorita Emilia, la mía es Antoine"

She smiled up at him and he smiled back before I went behind him and jabbed him in the back, silently reminding him of the company around the two.

"Oh, this is mi prima Angelita and my sister Maria"

We waved and she nodded before Miguel asked her "What made you move here to Santa Cecilia?" Emilia sighed.

"My family decided to move here since my grandfather wanted to come back to Mexico and see how things are"

"So your family lived here before?"

Emilia nodded at Antoine "We use to travel around the world but now we want to stay in one place" I nodded.

"Who is the name of your grandfather?"

"His name is Ernesto from his great grandfather"

Miguel and I stiffened while Maria suddenly looked suspicious. Antoine was obvious to our sudden change of demeanors

"Nice name" Antoine said with a sloppy smile and I gave him another jab for that.

"Does his name go by De la Cruz?" Maria asked and Emilia nodded in reply. Miguel suddenly felt uncomfortable and I quickly jumped in.

"Um...Miguel, didn't you say that you were going to take me somewhere?"

Miguel gave me a puzzled look before I practically dragged him away.

"I can't believe that the De la Cruz name still lives..."

Miguel finally groaned after moments of silence. I gave him a worried look "You alright?" Miguel shook his head.

"I don't know if I should be happy or not. I'm glad we have a new neighbor that seemed to take interest in Antoine but...his name and what he did to Papa Hector, to my family and to you..."

By now Miguel's hands were clenched and I covered his hands with my own "Calmarse, that's all in the past Miguel and this is the present. Hector is remembered and we are all happy" Miguel smiled.

"I guess we are"

I suddenly grinned and dragged him to our secret spot where no one could interrupt us.

"Miguel, I have a favor to ask you"

Miguel grew interested and nodded before I continued "Mama and Papa's anniversary is coming and I might need a muisíco's help for this" Miguel laughed.

"You don't have to ask. You know I'll always say yes"

I smiled and thanked him before we started walking back. It wasn't to our surprise that Antoine and Emilia were talking and Maria looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.

Once we arrived, she immediately made a hasty exit before Antoine even noticed. Miguel tensed up as we drew near but I gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"I thought you two ditched us"

Antoine joked and Emilia giggled. Miguel breathed in and out before holding his hand out and giving it a firm handshake to Emilia with a wide smile.

"Welcome to Santa Cecilia Emilia. I hope you'll enjoy living here"