Chapter 1

"She's falling in love now. Loosin control now. Fighting the truth, trying to hide but I think it's alright girl. Ya think it's alright girl."

•••

It was the night before my father's accident, right after Betty's big speech. . .

I was working the night shift at Pop's when a group of boys walked in. Southside serpents to be exact. My brother Archie always told me to stay away from them. I don't see why though. They're people just like us. They just live a different lifestyle. I grabbed my notepad from the pocket of my apron and walked over to their table. I grabbed the pen from behind my ear.

"How can I help you, boys?" They stopped their conversation and turned their attention to me. Out of the four boys, only one stood out to me. We made eye contact and I suddenly felt like we were the only ones in the diner. I didn't even realize one of the other guys was trying to get my attention until he tapped me.

I blinked and looked at him.

"I'm sorry what?" He chuckled slightly and began giving me his order, then the other two, and finally him.

"I just want a chocolate milkshake and fries." I nodded and wrote everything down.

"I'll be right back with you guy's order." I smiled softly before going back over to the counter. While the food was being made, I went to go clean the vacant booths. A few more customers came in, and I went to take their orders as well. When I walked back to the kitchen, their food was ready. I put it all on two trays, and carefully carried them over to their table.
.

"Three cheeseburgers, two cokes, and a vanilla milkshake for you three, and a chocolate milkshake and fries for you," I said placing their food in front of them. The last guy was the only one to say thank you. I nodded.

"Enjoy."

***

The diner was empty and I was cleaning up after my shift. As I was wiping down the tables, I noticed that there was a wallet in the booth where the Serpents were sitting. I grabbed it and put it in my apron pocket and continued to clean. Once I finished, I was about to open the wallet to see who it belonged to, until I heard the familiar jingle of someone entering.

"Sorry I'm-" I stopped myself seeing who it was.

"Oh Sorry, I left my wallet." I smiled and walked over to him.

"Yeah, here you go," I said handing it to him. He took it and nodded placing it in his pocket.

"Thank you, Angie." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How did you-" He chuckled slightly.

"Your name tag." He pointed. I looked down and chuckled, embarrassed.

"Right. Well, it's only fair that you tell me your name." He smirked.

"Sweet Pea." I raised my eyebrow with an amused smile on my face.

"Sweet Pea?" I repeated. He shrugged. I chuckled.

"Well, Sweet Pea. I hope to see you around." I said nervously, feeling my cheeks heating up. It was his turn to give an amused smile.

"Well if you continue to work here and Pop continues making burgers, you definitely will." I smiled and nodded.

"Are you getting ready to leave?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I was just cleaning up while the place was empty." He nodded.

"Well do you need a ride?" He asked. I chewed my lip.

"Sure. Just let me get this apron off." I jogged to the back and hung my apron. Then I grabbed the keys and walked back out.

Sweet Pea walked over to his bike and handed me a helmet. I raised my eyebrow.

"Is this safe?" He smirked climbing onto the bike.

"As long as you hold on tight." I took a breath and got on behind him. I put the helmet on and wrapped my arms around him. He put his helmet on then started the motorcycle. Next thing I know, we were zooming away from Pop's. I pointed out the directions to my house. Once we pulled up, I got off and took off the helmet.

"That was exciting." I chuckled. He laughed and nodded.

"We can go again, anytime you want." I smiled and nodded.

"Sounds good." I took a pen out my pocket and grabbed his hand. I quickly wrote my number down. When I finished, I caught him staring at me. I blushed and chewed my lip letting his hand go.

"Goodnight Sweet Pea." He smiled.

"Goodnight Angie." He watched me go into the house before pulling off. I leaned against the door with a huge smile on my face.

"Was that a motorcycle I heard?" My dad asked walking over. I cleared my throat and quickly tried to think of something.

"Uh yeah, Jughead dropped me off." He nodded.

"Oh. Well, I'm off to bed. There's pizza in the microwave. Goodnight sweetie." I smiled.

"Goodnight daddy." He smiled going upstairs. I headed to the kitchen and warmed up the pizza. After I ate, I went upstairs to shower. I washed my hair last and got out. I went to Archie's room to see it empty.

"Not surprised." I sighed. I looked out the window in his room and seen Betty's lights off so either she was sleep or still with Jughead.

I went to my room and sat on the bed. Beside me, my phone lit up with a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown: hey
Unknown: it's Sweet Pea

I smiled and texted him back. We spent the rest of the night talking and asking each other questions. I couldn't help but think what would Archie do or say if he found out? Is it a good idea for me to even get to know him in the first place?