Chapter 9

The next morning I got up an hour earlier than usual. Sweet Pea was already up.

"Morning." I smiled. He chuckled and kissed my head before going to the bathroom.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast." I told him before going downstairs quietly. I got everything out and made 4 omelets with bacon and toast. I put dad's and Archie's in the microwave and brought me and Sweets upstairs. I balanced the two plates on my left arm so I could open the door with my other. Being a waitress really pays off.

"That looks so good." Sweet said, grabbing his plate. We both ate in a comfortable silence. After we finished he kissed me goodbye and climbed out the window. I took our plates downstairs and began getting ready for school. (Outfit in media)

I braided my hair in two braids, then grabbed my bag going downstairs.

"Hurry up, I need to get to school." Archie said heading to the door.

"You can walk your ass to school." I said crossing my arms.

"Are you really going to be immature about this?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed dad's keys. I went to tell him bye, then went out to the truck. Betty came outside when we did, and we rode to school in an awkward silence. When we got there, Archie rushed out and rounded up his fellow Bulldogs.

"I wonder what he's up too." Betty said as we walked inside.

We were in practice when we found out what Archie was up to that morning.

"The red circle?" Veronica read off the flyer that was handed out. I rolled my eyes and we marched to the lounge where I knew they'd all be at. They were all sitting at a table discussing what I'm assuming was details for their little watch group.

"Archie what the hell is this?" Vee asked

"Our way of protecting you guys and the rest of the student body from the Blackhood."

"And what do you plan on doing if you come face to face with him?" I asked Archie. He was quiet before he said,

"We'll call Sheriff Keller." I rolled my eyes and walked out. I heard someone following me but I didn't look to see who it was. Next thing I know, I'm grabbed and pushed into an empty classroom. I turned and glared at the culprit.

"Reggie what the hell!"

"Just hear me out." I shook my head.

"No, I don't have time for this." I headed toward the door, but he grabbed me again. I raised my arm to slap him, but he grabbed that arm too. He brought me close to him, and next think I know, he's kissing me.

I struggled to pull away, but he kept a tight grip. So I resulted to hitting him where the sun don't shine. I kneed him in the balls. He hunched over in pain, and fell down while holding his junk.

"You're a dog Mantle." I spit out on the verge of tears. I walked out trying to wipe away the few that fell. In this process, I ended up bumping into someone.

"I'm sorry." I sniffled not looking up.

"Angie? What happened?" The voice of Betty asked. I sighed and pulled her to the girls bathroom which was thankfully empty. I went on telling her what just happened.

"Oh my God, are you going to tell Archie?" I shook my head.

"No, but I have to tell Sweet Pea, I'm just afraid of what he'll do." Then my eyes widen at what I said.

"Who's Sweet Pea?" I sighed and just out and told her.

"Your mystery guy is a Serpent?!"

"Shhh keep your voice down."

"Angie how could you keep something like this from us?!" She whispered shouted.

"Because I knew this is how you and everyone else would react. Well except for Archie. He'd pop a vessel in his brain and try to kill him." She sighed and rubbed her head.

"You have to tell him."

"I will. When the time is right and I'm ready. Just promise not go say anything to him or anyone. Please Betty?" She sighed and nodded.

"Fine." I sighed in relief and hugged her.

"Are you at least going to tell Archie about what Reggie did?" I sighed.

"I should. But I'm gonna text Sweets first." She nodded. I pulled out my phone and texted Sweet Pea what happened. I had to talk to him on the phone to stop him from coming up here and beating Reggie's ass. Even though it's what he deserves.

We left the bathroom when the bell rang and went to class.

I know it's short and it's been so long since I updated. I just been busy with school and I have a job now so I've been busy with that. But I promise to update this weekend. Thanks for the 1k reads that's flipping amazing!❤️