Chapter 13

Kevin stared at us with his jaw dropped.

"That didn't last long." Toni chuckled.

"We will talk about this later." Kevin said as him and Toni left.

"You wanna spend the night?" Sweets asked.

"I can't, my dad wants me home. The whole black hood thing has him worried about me." He nodded understanding.

"Come on I'll take you home."

Once we got to my porch, I turned to face him.

"Do you want to stay the night?" I asked raising my eyebrow. He chuckled.

"I made plans with the guys." I nodded understanding.

"Well see you tomorrow?" He smiled and nodded. I pecked his lips and wished him goodnight before going inside.

"Hey dad." I greeted going over to hug him.

"Hey. Did you guys figure out the code?" I sighed sitting next to him.

"Nope. No one can get along long enough to do so. All this north side this and south side that bullshit is getting on my nerves."

"Language." He said. I chuckled and apologized.

"Go get some sleep kid." He kissed my head. I went upstairs and showered before getting into bed.

The next day in school I caught up with Veronica. It didn't take long to make up and we were soon back to the way we were. We walked to class arm in arm.

"Why are you still wearing that red circle shirt?" I chuckled.

"To support Archie." I playfully rolled my eyes and took my seat next to Kevin. The teacher wasn't here yet so I began telling Kevin the story from the beginning.

"Take it from me. Dating a serpent equals the chance of dating a serial killer." I rolled my eyes and was about to reply until the teacher walked in. We were all working quietly until Kevin's dad and the Principle walked in asking for Archie.

"I was the one who made the T-shirt's not Archie." Veronica said.

"This is not about T-shirt's."

"It's alright Vee." I watched Archie follow them out the class. I sighed and rubbed my temples.

Lunch time came and we didn't see Archie.

"You think he got in trouble?" I asked. Veronica shrugged.

"I don't know. I hope not." I sighed and nodded.

"I think I'm gonna pick up a shift at Pop's after school. Dad is gonna be at the town hall meeting and Archie is never home." She gave me a small smile and nodded. So after school, I made my way over to Pop's. I changed my clothes and began working.

I made small talk with a couple people I knew from school. I worked a couple hours until Pop Tate sent me home claiming it was getting late. When I got home, I was surprised to see cars in front. I walked in the house to see Archie, Veronica, and the rest of the Bulldogs. I rolled my eyes and put my bag down and crossed my arms.

"To what do we owe this unexpected honor?"

"Archie could have told Weatherbee the hood was mine, but he didn't. In the Book of Reg, that makes you a top-tier loyal badass."
I sat on the arm of the chair Veronica sat in and rolled my eyes.

"And, uh. We were talkin' today and decided if you wanna keep the Red Circle going...We're here for you, dude." Then motor rumbling could be heard outside. Veronica got up and went over to the door.