Chapter 8

"Despite her past, she can't help the attraction. He tells her that he's nothing like the last one. He redefines in every way what love is. She fell for him and hadn't gotten up since."

I was now at Veronica's house with everyone else except for Kevin. Everyone was conversation while "watching the show". I was talking to Jughead about his day at Southside High.

"So this girl named Toni Topaz showed me around and everything. Turns out she's a serpent too. The school itself is nothing like Riverdale High. I mean gangs and students doing drugs right in the hallway." He huffed. I hummed and smiled.

"Sounds interesting." He scrunched up his face.

"Angie no, not interesting." I shrugged. As everyone was talking, I noticed Archie not socializing. He seemed to be deep in thought.

"Why don't you sit down next to me, loverboy?" She said patting the seat beside her. He said nothing.

"Archie?" I asked concerned.

"I'm sorry. This thing with Moose...It's like nobody cares. Dad keeps saying, "Leave it to Sheriff Keller." I'm like, "Yeah, because he did such a great job of catching Jason's murderer." Oh. Wait, I'm sorry, that was us."

"Inside voices, please?" Veronica said quietly.

"No, don't stop him. Archie going Travis Bickle is my favorite Archie yet." Jughead said causing me to glare at him.

"Doesn't it feel like he's targeting us? I mean, specifically? I don't want anyone else getting hurt." Archie sighed.

"When we had a getaway on the Cape, all of us got together and hired private security to keep out the riffraff as an added layer of protection." Veronica said.

"I loved that house." Said a voice from behind us. We all stood up.

"Daddy."

"We're on our way to dinner at the club." Mrs. Lodge said.

"I wanted to meet your friends first." Her dad said. Veronica smile slightly at this.

"Great. Thank you. This is Betty Cooper." Betty smiled and shook his hand.

"Hi. Nice to meet you."

"Jughead Jones." Jug shook his hand and said hi.

"You know my dad."

"I do. He's a good man. He values family. I hope his return comes
sooner rather than later."

"Yeah, so do we."

"You've already met Angie Andrews." Vee said giving her parent a look.

"Of course, nice to see you again." I guess Veronica filled her parents in, and I was great full. I didn't need Archie down my back.

"Nice to see you too Mr. Lodge." Veronica smiled and moved over to Archie.

"And, Daddy, this is- " he cut her off while looking at Archie.

"Archie Andrews. The boy who's captured my daughter's heart."

"Daddy." Vee said quietly.

"Uh, it's nice to meet you, sir." Archie went to shake his hand, but Mr. Lodge was hesitant.

"Ah, please. Call me Hiram." He said after shaking his hand.

"I couldn't help but overhear your discussion and I, um...I understand your frustration with Sheriff Keller. As for someone who's had his own share of run-ins with the law..." he chuckles.

"I can say that the police aren't always the solution. Sometimes we need to take matters into our own hands. We need to protect ourselves." Veronica's mom then interrupted.

"We're gonna lose our table."

"Oh, yes, of course. Hey, it was nice to meet all of you. Oh, and Archie." He said on his way out the door.

"Yes."

"Why don't you come over for dinner this week? I look forward to seeing what you come up with... to save Riverdale."

After her parents left, we got over the awkwardness and continued the show. When it was over, me and Archie said bye to our friends, and I drove us home. As soon as we got there, Archie went to the garage. I shrugged it off and went in the house.

"Hey daddy." I said while walking in the living room where he was watching tv.

"Hey sweetheart. Where's your brother?"

"In the garage." I said while sitting next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Is it okay if I go see Fp?" He shrugged.

"I don't see why not. You still got that crush on him?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"Dad I was 10." He held his hands up in surrender.

"When you do go see him, tell him I said hi." I nodded heading to the stairs.

"I ate at Veronica's so, I'm going off to bed." He nodded.

"Alright goodnight honey."

"Goodnight daddy." I said before going upstairs. I walked in my room, to it being completely dark. I turned the lights on and seen that my window was opened, which is weird because I rarely open it. I shrugged it off and went to close it. When I turned around I nearly screamed, but a hand covered my mouth.

"Shhh it's just me." Sweet Pea whispered trying to suppress his laugh. When he moved his hand, I slapped his arm.

"What the hell were you thinking?! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I whisper yelled. He chuckled and plopped on the bed. I rolled my eyes and went to lock my bedroom door before going to my bathroom. I got the room with the bathroom because my dad felt that since i was the only girl, I needed my space and privacy.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To shower." I got in the bathroom and turned on the water. Once it was hot, I stripped and got in. I sighed in content at the feeling, and ran my fingers through my red locks. Then the curtain was pulled back, and Sweet Pea got in. I raised my eyebrow.

"What?"

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck, to kiss him. He hugged my body closer to his and kissed me back. There was no rush or anything like that. It was a slow passionate kiss. Something that I really loved.

After our shower make out session, we both got into my bed. Sweet Pea, who brought clothes this time, was wearing sweats and a tshirt. I was wearing one of his shirts as usual, because they're so comfortable.

"Sweets?" He hummed to let me know he was listening.

"What do you see in me?" I asked.

"Well besides the fact that you're sexy and incredibly beautiful, especially without makeup." I blushed.

"It's because you don't see me, or my friends as anything other than people. You don't judge me and you treat me like anyone else. You show me affection, something I don't have a lot of experience with. And I will try my best to be better for you." He finished. I leaned up and kissed his lips softly. He pulled away and smiled.

"Let's get some sleep." I nodded laying my head down. As I was falling asleep, one thought kept circling my head.

I was definitely falling for Sweet Pea.