Chapter 20

I was the one to break the kiss. Before anything was said, one of the Ghoulies ran over with wide eyes.

"Everyone scatter. The cops are rounding up Ghoulies!" With those words everyone began quickly packing up and getting into their cars or onto their bikes. I was pulled in the car with Fangs, Toni, and Sweets. I saw Jug and Archie pull up just as we pulled off.

I got a text from Betty asking if I was okay. Once I replied she asked me to meet her and Veronica at Pops a little later. I spent the majority of the day cuddled up with Sweet Pea at his trailer.

"I am gonna hear so much shit." He chuckled softly causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well at least we don't have to hide anymore. It's relieving." I smiled softly.

"Not so much for me." He sighed. I pushed his hair back so I could see his face fully.

"Try not to let them get to you. It's not about them. It's about you and me. Okay?" He nodded. I leaned over and pecked his lips softly.

"Things would be so much easier if you were a Serpent." He chuckled softly. I chuckled as well but took in what he said. When it was time for me to go, I really didn't want to.

"I'll call you when I get home." I said as I pecked his lips again while getting up. He nodded.

"Wait how are you getting to Pops?" He asked as I was halfway out the door.

"You're absolutely right." He chuckled getting up and grabbing his keys.

"Come on."

•••

I was currently sitting in a booth with Veronica and Betty who clearly had made up. Betty told me that Vee was filled in on everything. When Betty's phone started ringing, Vee looked uneasy.

"Is it the Blackhood?" Betty picked up her phone and shook her head.

"It's Cheryl." Vee took a small breath of relief as Betty answered the phone. I sipped on my milkshake.

"Hey." Betty answered. Veronica and I watched as her face changed.

"You did?" We looked at her confused.

"Who is he?" Betty asked.

"Wait are you positive?" I beat passed and Betty hung up.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Cheryl just told me who the sugar man is." Vee smiled.

"Oh my gosh. Cheryl Bombshell for the win." I chuckled softly. Betty took a breath.

"Guys What do I do? If I give the blackhood his name may God have mercy on his soul. If I don't, may God have mercy on all of us." I took in a breath and played with my straw out of nervousness.

"Play him at his own game." Vee simply said.

"Also go get your guy back." I smiled. She smiled softly and nodded. Veronica decided to go home, so Betty and I decided to go home as well. We walked and talked until we made it to our homes.

I went inside and up to my room. Dad had just came out of Archie's room and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey hon."

"Hey dad. How are you feeling?" I smiled.

"Better and better everyday." I smiled and hugged him. He kissed my head and wished me goodnight. I went into my room and got ready for bed. Once I was surrounded by my blankets I called Sweet Pea to say goodnight. We ended up talking for hours, until I eventually fell asleep.