Chapter 26

"Angie, I'm headed to Pops if you need a ride put some pep in your step." Dad called from downstairs.

"I'm coming." I responded as I got out the shower. I quickly got dressed then I grabbed my stuff and headed downstairs.

"I'm ready." Dad looked at me and smiled.

"Alright let's go." We drove to pops talking about school and who was taking Vegas to his next appointment. We got to Pops and Archie came over to tell dad he had to leave. He didn't say anything to me. He didn't even look at me. I sighed going inside so I could start my shift. I threw up twice that morning but I felt better after that.

Sweet Pea came by on my lunch break so we could eat together. I brought the food over to the table and couldn't wait to eat. I reached for the onion rings and hummed at how good they were. He chuckled watching me.

"Somebody was hungry." I glared at him.

"These onion rings are good. Don't judge me." He chuckled some more making me smile.

"Can I have some of your milkshake?" I asked him.

"You have one."

"Yeah but I don't like it." He chuckled.

"It's chocolate. Since when don't you like chocolate?"

"I like chocolate. I'm just not liking this right now. And you have strawberry." He playfully rolled his eyes and let me have some. I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Yeah yeah. You have any plans tonight?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Just wrapping up the rest of the gifts I bought."

"Your Dad won't mind me over right?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Dad likes you, don't worry." I smiled. Sweet Pea and started talking about random things and I didn't notice Fp walk in. He came over and cleared his throat.

"Sorry Sweet Pea, I need to speak to Angie for a second." He just nodded. I stood up and followed Fp to an empty part of the diner.

"I got you some prenatal vitamins. Make sure you're taking them daily." I took them and thanked him.

"Thanks Fp." He patted my shoulder before leaving. I went to put the prenatals in my bag before going back over to Sweet Pea and sat down.

"What was that about?" He asked.

"Fp just checking in on me."

"Why?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean why? I've known him my whole life." He nodded softly not saying anything else. I sighed and stood up.

"I have to get back to work." I moved out of the booth and threw my trash away before getting back to work. Sweet Pea simply left.

***

After work, Sweet Pea was there to pick me up. I got in the car and faced him.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded.

"Did you get the snacks?" He snorted and nodded.

"Yes I got your snacks." I smiled as we drove to my house. We walked in and took off our jackets. I hung them up while Sweet Pea went over to the couch. While he picked a movie to watch, I went upstairs to change. I then grabbed a blanket and went back downstairs.

Sweet Pea was laying down so I put my phone on the coffee table and laid on top of him, putting the blanket over us. He wrapped an arm over me and pressed play on Aquaman.