Chapter 28

The next morning I got up to get ready for school.

Once I was ready, I went downstairs. I knew there was no point in asking dad for the truck since he still wasn't talking to me. So I just walked. When I got to school, the bell had just rang so I had to go straight to class.

During free period, I met with everyone in the Lounge. When I walked in, everyone greeted me except Archie. He was about to leave the room, until our Principal started talking over the loud speakers letting the school know that Southside High was being shut down, so some of the students were coming here.

That wasn't going to be a peaceful adjustment at all. But it's none of my concern anymore. Hopefully everyone can grow up and be mature about the transition. When the bell rang, I said bye to everyone and walked with Kevin to Bio.

"So for the baby shower, do you want a gender color theme or neutral?" I chuckled.

"Who said I wanted a baby shower?"

"Well I'm throwing you one regardless. Well, Betty and Vee are helping but still." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Let's get to class."

***

After school, I walked to pops and got to work. Fp walked over to me in his uniform.

"How was your appointment yesterday?" I smiled softly going in my bag to show him the ultrasound photos.

"Wow. You're really having a kid." He handed it back.

"Tell me about it. My dad knows now and of course he's disappointed and not talking to me just like Archie. Home just doesn't feel like home anymore." I shrugged softly.

"How are things with you and Sweet Pea?" He asked. I shook my head softly and he nodded understanding.

"Well you shouldn't be stressing out over a boy anyway. You have so much more to focus on now."

"I know." I sighed. "I just wish things were easier."

"Life is never easy. But you have to find a new way to live it everyday." He said before getting back to work. I hummed and started taking orders.

After my shift, I got a ride home from Fp. He told me to call him if I needed a ride to school. I told him goodnight before walking in the house.. Dad and Archie were laughing at something on tv but it got quiet when I walked in. Archie "checked the time" and stood up.

"I'm heading over to Veronica's, I'll see you later." He said to dad before walking right passed me.

"So this is how it's going to be? For how long? Do you two even care how this makes me feel?"

"You should've been responsible." Dad said getting up to go upstairs.

"Don't you think I know that? Don't you think I tell myself that everyday when I have to run to the bathroom and puke? Or when I start crying out of nowhere. I have to deal with this, but I at least thought I could have my father and my brother to support me. I guessed wrong, clearly." I huffed going up to my room. I slammed the door and laid down. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or destroy my room.

Instead, I put on my headphones and listened to music. I grabbed my laptop to do my homework and check my emails. I clicked on an email the principal sent me not to long ago. He asked me to come to school early tomorrow to help prepare the new students coming in from Southside High. Great. Now I have to see Sweet Pea when I planned on avoiding him from the moment he got there.

When I finished my work, I showered and went to bed.

***

I groaned hearing my alarm going off an hour and thirty minutes earlier than it usually does. I rolled out of bed and started getting ready. I got dressed, putting on my clothes, then my knee high socks, along with my boots.