Chapter 4

" Now she's got baggage on her shoulder
But the new guy really loves her
She loves him but she doesn't trust herself anymore."

•••

The kiss escalated to the point where I'm now straddling his lap. But the kiss isn't lustful. It's slow, gentle, and passionate. It made me warm and tingly on the inside. Something I didn't expect.

His hands rested on my hips, and mine tangled in his mop of black hair. He pulled away and started kissing and sucking on my neck. Soft moans escaped my mouth which pushed him to explore more parts of my body. Then I got the sudden urge to rip his clothes off and that's when I knew we had to stop.

"Sweets, we should stop." He sat up and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I shook my head.

"I just don't... want what we have to be ruined." He nodded understanding.

"You want me to take you home?" I nodded and got up. We fixed ourselves and headed outside to his bike. It was dark so he was driving carefully. When we pulled up to my house, he pulled me into a hug that I never wanted to move from. But I eventually did.

"So I'll see you tomorrow? After school maybe?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.

"Definitely. Goodnight Angie Andrews." I giggled.

"Goodnight Sweet Pea." He once again watched me until I was safely inside. As I closed the door I said bye to him and turned around with a smile on my face.

"Who was that and where have you been?" I jumped at the sound of Archie's voice.

"Jesus Arch you nearly gave me a heart attack. Why are you just sitting there? With a bat?"

"Answer my questions first." I rolled my eyes.

"I've had a long day, I'm going to bed." I said heading to the stairs.

"Is that a hickey?" I ignored him and made my way up.

"Angie." He called. I sighed.

"Goodnight Archie."

•••

The next morning I woke up to the smell of burnt toast. I shook my head and went to do my hygiene and get ready for school. I made sure I covered the little gifts Sweet Pea left on my neck. As I was going downstairs, Archie was getting off the phone with someone.

"So we gonna talk about last night?" I shook my head.

"There's nothing to talk about Archie." He sighed.

"Don't you think dad's got enough on his plate already? The last thing he needs is a rebellious teenage daughter." I scoffed.

"I'm not being rebellious, just mind your business okay Arch?" I said before going downstairs. I joined dad in the kitchen.

"Morning daddy." I kissed his cheek then went to pour myself a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning princess." Me and dad talked while eating before Archie and I headed off to school. We met up with our friends in the yard. They were talking about the vandalism Someone left on Pop's diner last night. I was somewhat listening but also texting Sweet Pea at the same time.

"What do you think Angie?" Betty asked. I locked my phone and put it in my pocket.

"I'm sorry what happened?"

"We're gonna help Pop. You in?" I nodded.

"Oh yeah of course.

"Another Ang, Bee and Vee team-up. They should really make a video game about you guys. I gotta jet." Jughead said while getting up. "I'm off to meet my dad's court-appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station."