Chapter 21

The phone call from the Black Hood definitely left me shook. Sweet Pea stayed the night with me often which I appreciated. I sometimes spent the night at his trailer as well, even though we didn't do much sleeping. School was how it usually was. Boring. I was curious when Betty called us all into the Blue and Gold before class. I smiled when I saw Juggy.

"Jughead has something important to tell you guys." Betty smiled.

"My dad's getting out." I smiled happily.

"Really? Wow that's so great." I said.

"How did this miracle happen?" Vee asked. I pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Uh, overcrowding at the jail. I guess the judge reviewed my dad's case, and after Cheryl's testimony it was...a perfect storm." Something was off about his answer, but you could tell how happy he was about his dad coming home.

"What do you need from us Jug?" Archie asked.

"Both of you. We have a new lead, on the Blackhood case. Jughead and I were wondering if you guys would follow up on it for us. We can give you all of the details, the articles." Betty said while grabbing a folder.

"It's just, I want to be there for my dad to help with his rentry. And I'm sure Angie here can't wait to see him." Jug said while eyeing me. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"I'm going to class. I'll see you losers later." I said before leaving. I caught up with Kevin and headed to Bio.

•••

I walked out of school after the last bell and seen Sweet Pea leaning against his bike, having a smoke. I shook my head.

"Those are so bad for you."

"So is greasy food but you don't stop eating it." He replied while putting out the cigarette.

"There's a difference. I don't have to eat greasy food all the time. You can't get through a day without smoking." I said while crossing my arms. He hummed and nodded.

"How about this. You can't eat greasy food for a week. If you last...I'll quit." He shrugged. I grinned and stuck out my hand.

"Deal." He nodded and shook my hand. Using that hand, he pulled me close and started kissing me all over. I giggled.

"Stop. Let's go." We hung out for awhile before he dropped me off at home and headed to the Wyrme. I went inside to see dad and Vegas on the couch watching football. I sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Hey kiddo. How was your day?"

"It was good. Hey did you hear that Fp is getting released?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Really? How did that happen?"

"Archie said something about overcrowding at the jail." I shrugged getting up.

"Did you eat?" I asked.

"Yeah I ordered pizza. It's some slices left." I nodded walking into the kitchen.

"Tomorrow I'm cooking dinner for everyone. The Coopers, Veronica, Jughead, and Sweet Pea included." I told him.

"That sounds like a good idea. We can use the good plates for once." He grinned. I chuckled and nodded.

"I'll pick up groceries on my way home from school." I told him as I ate my pizza. I cleaned up before going upstairs to shower. Once I finished, I talked to my mom and got ready for bed.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, Archie came into my room and plopped on my bed. He was quiet which meant he wanted me to ask what his problem was. I sighed.