Chapter 24

You can ask anyone close to me and they'd be able to tell you that Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love snow, I love the music, I love giving presents, and I love being around the people I love.

Pop left me in charge of decorating the diner. So I put up the decorations and had dad and Archie bring in a tree. I was giving Jug head his hot coca he ordered when the two walked in.

"What do you say, Angie? Is it okay?" Archie asked. I smiled and nodded.

"It's perfect. Set it down right over there." I pointed. Pop walked over and smiled.

"You did great with the decorations." He told me.

"Thank you." I smiled. "It's not too much?"

"No not at all." He smiled.

"This is nothing compared to the house." Dad chuckled walking over. I rolled my eyes.

"Everyone loves our decorations." I smiled. Archie snorted at that.

"Your setup blinds people going by."

"And don't forget that time she got stuck in the lights when she was trying to hang them outside by herself." Jug butted in.

"Fine, next year I'll leave all the decorating to you guys." I shrugged before going to take more orders. Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs walked in taking a seat. I made my way over and greeted the group of friends. I smiled at Sweet Pea and greeted him with a kiss.

Him and I have been great lately. He's been opening up to me more, bringing me around his friends and family. They didn't have a problem with me now. I still hear people whisper about us when they see us together, but neither one of us care anymore.

"It looks like Santa threw up in here." Toni said looking around.

"Yeah I'm never decorating again." They laughed and I shook my head.

"You guys ordering or you're just here to bother me?" I asked holding my notepad.

"Sweets here just wanted his daily dose of Angie Andrews." Fangs smirked. Sweet Pea glared at him and I chuckled.

"It's true." Fangs laughed.

"Can I get large onion rings?" Toni asked. I nodded

"Yeah me too." Fangs said. I nodded writing it down. I looked at Sweet Pea to see him already staring at me. I blushed and glared at him.

"Are you gonna order?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"A cheeseburger please." I nodded.

"Okay I'll be back." I put their orders in and went to take another. This went on until it was time to close up for the night. I cleaned up then said Goodnight to Pop before heading outside where Sweet Pea was waiting. I jogged over and got in the warm car.

"I hate the cold." He randomly said. I chuckled grabbing his hand.

"Cold weather equals snow though." He chuckled and started driving. We listened to music on the way to my house. We got inside and we're greeted by Vegas. I gave him some love before he ran off to get some love from Sweet Pea. He smiled and crouched down to give him the attention he wanted.

When he had enough, he stood up and followed me upstairs. We went into my room and changed into some comfortable clothing. We then got in the bed and cuddled. I wanted to tell him what was running through my mind. But the thought of how he might react worries me. Things were good again and this little detail could mess it all up.

I couldn't deal with that. Losing him. He was everything I didn't know I needed. That thought helped me doze off.

***

The next morning we got up and got ready for school. Dad still wasn't too keen on our sleepovers, so Sweets still had to sneak out my window and park around the corner so he wouldn't notice. I went downstairs to see dad and Archie talking about something.

"Hey." They turned around and gave me smiles.

"Morning."

"Good morning honey." I walked over seeing a piece of paper in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked.

"The light bill." He shrugged putting it down. My dad was the worse liar. He seemed stressed so I didn't want to stress him out even more.

"Okay. Um Archie, you want a ride to school?"

"Nah I'm walking with Betty." He said. I nodded.

"Okay see you there." I said before leaving. I went to Sweets car and got in.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"My dad just lied to me about something."

"Parents lie to their kids all the time."

"Yeah but my dad never lies to me. Something's off. I'll figure it out later." He drove me to school and kissed me goodbye as I left. I was at my locker and sighed when Reggie walked over and leaned on the one next to mine.

"I know you hate me but I know you love Christmas so I got you something." He said handing me a wrapped gift.

"Reggie we're not together anymore and we're not friends nor will we ever be. I don't want to talk to you. I don't even want to see you but I sadly have no choice in that matter. The best gift you could give me is to leave me alone." I said before slamming my locker and walking away. I was suppose to be meeting everyone in the lounge so that's where I headed. I walked in and smiled at everyone but then my smile dropped when I felt myself about to throw up. I covered my mouth and ran into the bathroom.

I ran into the first stall and emptied out my stomach in the toilet. I heard someone follow me in and was surprised to see Archie. I continued throwing up and he held my hair and rubbed my back.

"You're not suppose to be in the girls bathroom." I groaned while wiping my mouth.

"I'm not in the girls bathroom. You didn't notice you ran to the boys bathroom?" He asked. I stepped out the stall and finally noticed the urinals.

"Oh."

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm fine. It must've been the ice coffee this morning."

"You think I didn't notice you throwing up before? Have you been...feeling insecure about your body? I know I might not understand but-"

"No it's not that." I sighed sitting down on the floor.

"Well the only other things I could think of ate hangovers, a virus or..." he trailed off and I looked down at my hands.

"Please don't tell me you're pregnant."

"Surprise?"