Chapter 10

As you guys can obviously tell from the new cover, that I chose Holland Roden to play Angie. Enjoy!

After school I had plans to meet up with Sweet Pea and his friends at the Quarry. I told
Him to invite Jughead so hopefully he's there too. Once I walked out the school building, I went over to where Sweets was usually waiting for me.

He was in a car with Toni and Fangs.The rest of his friends in the car behind. Sweet Pea got out to greet me.

"If I ever see that Mantle kid I'm gonna gut him with a fork." He said as he hugged me. I chuckled and kissed his cheek before getting in the car.

"I take it Jughead didn't want to come?" Toni sighed and nodded. I sighed as well and sat back in my seat. Sweet Pea got back in the car and we drove off.

When we got there, Toni turned the volume in the car radio up and kept the doors open. Sweets other friends got out their car and walked over to us.

"So this is the preppy girl that's got you wrapped around her cute little finger." One guy said giving me a fake smile. Sweets rolled his eyes and lit a cigarette.

"Shut up Diggs." (I made this name up😂😭)

"Hey man just saying. I don't think she's ready for what dating a serpent comes with."

"Well meeting you shows that I'll be just fine." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ooh Sweet Pea, you've got a feisty one." Sweet Pea got in his face.

"Do you want me to knock your teeth out?" The diggs guy held his hands up and walked over to the others. I wrapped my arms around his torso and leaned into his side. He chuckled taking an drag from his cigarette and exhaled, making sure it didn't get in my face.

"Toni how was Juggy's first day?" I asked. Sweets snickered.

"Shut up." I glared. Toni chuckled then sighed.

"He made it obvious that he wants no part in serpent business that's for sure." Sweet Pea rolled his eyes.

We all hung out and had a good time until I had to go.

"I'm suppose to meet a friend of mine, we're doing a project together."

"You want us to drop you off at her house?"

"No she's meeting me at the school. And my dads truck is there." He nodded. We got in the car and drove to the school. Once there, me and Sweets got out. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. I leaned up and pressed my lips against his.

"I'll call you later." I said after we pulled away. He nodded and pecked my lips again before letting me go. I waved to Toni and Fangs before going to look for Ethel.

I found her near my dads truck waiting for me.

"Hey you ready?" She smiled and nodded. We got in and I drove us to my house. Once we got there, I parked the truck and got out. We walked in the house where I quickly greeted by dad before leading Ethel to my room.

"Where's Archie?" She asked as we pulled out our work.

"Out doing whatever Archie does." I shrugged. We got started on our projected and worked until it started to get dark.

"Come on I'll drive you home." She nodded and we put our stuff away.  We went downstairs and out to the truck. We made small y'all and listened to music as I drove.

Out of nowhere, the engine started sputtering.

"Oh come on you piece of crap." I sighed as I pulled over. I popped the hood and got out the car. As I lifted it, I was hit with a wave of hot smoke. I coughed waving my hand in front of my face.

"Hey Ethel, I'm sorry but I don't think, she's gonna be turning on anytime soon."

"Can't you fix it?" She asked getting out. I shook my head.

"I don't have any tools." I pulled out my phone to call someone but it was dead. I huffed.

"My house Isn't to far from here. We can walk." She suggested. I nodded grabbing the keys. Once I locked the doors, we began our trek to Ethel's house. As we were walking, the headlights of some car suddenly turn on. We turned around and watched as it started driving slowly toward us. We shared a look before turning back around and picking up the pace.

The car kept following us which made me uneasy.

"What if it's the Blackhood?" Ethel whispered, fear evident in her voice. I shook my head.

"Whoever it is, I don't want to find out." I said as moved off the road. The van circled back and started following us again.

"I-Im calling Archie." She said pulling out her phone. I just watched the van trying to see who was in it, but it was too dark.

"Archie's coming." Ethel said after she hung up.

"What if he doesn't get here in time, What if the person decides to kill us or or." I cut her off.

"Hey relax we're going to be alright okay?" She nodded as tears brimmed her eyes. I sighed and pulled her into a hug. After a few minutes I heard Archie calling us. We ran over to his voice, just as the van took off. Archie began to run to the van but stopped when he heard Ethel call him.

"What happened?" He asked out of breath. Ethel went on explaining what happened. I noticed a certain someone making their way over to us. Reggie looked at me then averted his eyes.

"Alright we're going to drop you off at home okay?" Archie said. Ethel nodded and hugged him before going over to the car where Reggie was.

"Are you okay?" Archie asked. I nodded.

"I have to tell you something."

"Can it wait?" He asked. I sighed and nodded. We both headed over to Reggie's car. I got in the back with Ethel as we all drove to her house. After we dropped her off and I hugged her, we headed back to dads car. I popped the hood once again.

"You got any tools?" I asked Reggie with an annoyed look on my face.

"All I have is a wrench and duct tape."

"That's perfect." Me and Archie said at the same time. I glared at him before begging to patch up my dads car."