Chapter 22

Archie made sure Reggie got home. I got ready to go after Sweet Pea, but Fp told me I should give him time to cool off. I walked away from Betty, Veronica, and Mrs. Cooper and headed in the house. I cleaned up my lip and started cleaning up. Dad came inside to help me.

"You sure do have an affect on these young boys." He joked trying to make light of the situation.

"Dad please."

"You and Sweet Pea have a good thing though. If our society would just see that like I do, then-"

"Then what? We'll live happily ever after? We know how hard it is to be together is this town, but I love him. And he loves me, so I will fight for us. Even if he's tired of fighting, I will fight." He nodded at that.

"I expected nothing less."

We finished cleaning and I headed up to bed. Before I fell asleep, I tried to call him, but it went straight to voicemail. So I left a message.

"Hey Sweets, I'm sorry about tonight. What they said to you was out of line. You know I don't think that way of you. I love you too much to give a damn about what people have to say. People like Mrs. Cooper, I've known my whole life, I care about her opinion sometimes but not when it comes to you. You're too important to me okay? I love you. Call me back." I hung up and sighed.

***

By the time I got out of school the next day, I still haven't heard from Sweet Pea. He wasn't outside waiting as usual. I sighed and even tried to call him, but I got his voicemail once again. After school, I picked up a shift at Pop's. I was surprised seeing Fp there in uniform.

"Here to steal my job huh?" I grinned looking at him. He chuckled.

"Just for a bit. But you're happy to help."

"With you in that uniform, I'll do whatever you want." I chuckled heading to the back to change.

"Watch yourself kid." I playfully rolled my eyes. I changed and put my hair up before greeting Pop. I grabbed my notepad and pen, and starting taking orders.

"Have you talked to him?" I asked Fp.

"He's been to himself. Give him time Angie he'll come around."

"Well what if he doesn't?"

"He will. That kid loves you." I sighed and nodded. I then went to greet Betty and Jughead as they entered the diner. I took their order then went to bring Cheryl and Josie their food.

"Thanks Angie." Josie smiled. I smiled and nodded back. Cheryl glared.

"Problem Cheryl." She shrugged looking away. I shook my head getting back to work. I was in the middle of taking an order, when the sound of shattering glass grabbed my attention. I looked to see Cheryl's strawberry milkshake splattered on the floor. She eyed Fp.

"Clean that up, Plebe. The way you did my brothers blood." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Jughead stood up and walked over.

"Jug don't." Fp said, stopping him. He then leaned down to clean the mess.

"We'll get you another milkshake right away. On the house." He said before standing back up and going into the kitchen. I shook my head and went to clean the counter.

"She's lucky if her next milkshake doesn't end up in her hair." I glared at her. Jug shook his head.

"My dad used to be a king. A leader of men. Now he's being demeaned by the likes of Cheryl Blossom. He deserves to be honored, not humiliated." He sighed.

"So why don't we do just that?" Betty asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously, why not throw your dad a retirement party fir for a king. Don't worry, Angie and I will take care of everything." She told him.

"We will?" I asked. She nodded.

"We will."

Betty waited until my shift was over, to take me to the Wyrm where she wanted to throw the party. Once we walked in, I looked around for Sweet Pea and sighed not seeing him.

"He's not here." Toni said from the bar. Betty and I walked over.

"Have you talked to him?" She shook her head.

"He didn't come to school today and I haven't heard from him." I sighed and nodded. I spotted Fangs at the pool table and left Betty with Toni, to go talk to him.

"Hey." he looked up and smiled.

"Hey princess. Your boy isn't here." he said.

"Yeah I gathered. Has he said anything to you?" He shook his head.

"Nope." I sighed and sat on the table.

"This sucks."

"You guys will work it out."

"People keep saying that. How are we going to work it out if he won't talk to me?" Then Betty walked over to me.

"I have an idea. It's crazy but just trust me." She said. I nodded and listened to what she had to say.