Truth Be Told

(This will probably be a short chapter so sorry in advance)

*Sam's POV*
It was way past midnight and I couldn't go to sleep because of a few thoughts.

I thought Sarah was sleeping but I saw her stirring in her bed, eyes open. She sees me and gives a warm smile.

"Can't sleep either?" She asks sitting up in bed, me doing the same. I shake my head and she walks over, leaning down to meet my face.

"Let's go for a walk" She suggests and I nod, quickly putting on my jacket and going out.

"What about you?" I ask.

"Honestly? I'm scared of what I'll see when I close my eyes." She confesses.

"Can I ask you something?" I hesitantly ask.

"You just did" She jokes and we both chuckle.

"Go ahead" She says.

"Why didn't Adam ever talk about you?"

"You've met him?"

"Yeah, couple years ago" I say, remembering the time he said yes to Michael.

"We were really close. He used to tell me everything and when I left for collage, he was broken. Never talked about me, locked himself in his room for hours, stuff like that. One day, I came back and found everyone dead. I collected evidence and swore to myself that I would find and hunt every evil thing in this world, starting with that ghoul. But it was already dead."  She explains.

That makes me remember that after that ghoul killed Adam, he was brought back to be used as Michael's vessel and said yes. She needed to know this.

"Um... I have to tell you something" I hesitantly start.

"What is it?" She asks and looks at me.

"When that ghoul killed Adam, months later he was brought back..."

"How?" She asks.

"I don't know..." I confess.

"Why?"

"Because the apocalypse was about to start and Michael and Lucifer needed vessels. They chose Dean and I but Dean denied so they brought Adam. We said yes..."

"You mean to say that you and Adam have been possessed by Lucifer and Michael?!" She exclaims.

"Yeah. When the fight started, I managed to take over my body and pulled Michael in the cage with me. I lost my soul for a year and a half. Adam never came back." I could tell she had a tough time taking all of this in.

"So... you have been in Lucifer's cage and came back but Adam is still in there?!" She yells with clear anger in her voice.  

I sigh and slowly nod, refusing to make eye contact.

"And you two yahoos never did anything to bring him back?!" She yells once again.

I nod and look at my feet.

"Great. My little brother has been in a cage with literal Satan for who knows how long and it never occured to you that I might wanna know about this?!"

I give no response.

"We're getting him back" She states.

"It's not as easy as it may sound" I warn.

"I don't friggin' care! Who knows what Lucifer might be doing to him?! We're getting him back, no matter what it takes." She says in a threatening voice and runs back to the motel, me following soon after.