Chapter Ten

-Johnny POV-

I can't believe she said yes to being my girl, I kept on smiling at the thought of it. We finally made it to the Curtis house it was about 2 pm everyone was home.

"Hey Johnny! Hey Charlotte!" Everyone said to us all at once.

"I have news to share." I said with a smile.

"Hey look at that, Johnny we haven't seen you smilin since, well I don't remember." Soda said to me.

"Johnny man, just tell us the news. It must be good, I'm getting anxious over here." Dal said.

"I asked Charlotte to be my girl." She walked over to me and smiled, "She said yes." All the boys were whistlin and hollerin.

"Way to go Johnny!" I heard two-bit said while he was clapping and sitting on the floor.

"We should all celebrate tonight man. Let's go party!"

"Dal, I don't want a party. You know id just sit there anyways."

"Johnny just let me have a moment." Dal laughed. I hadn't seen him happy in a while.

"Let's have a cake to celebrate." Steve said.

"Ya Darry go make a cake!" Everyone said.

"Fine, alright." And with that Darry got up to the kitchen.

The cake was good, everyone was laughing and having a good ol time. I felt happy for once, I wasn't scared. It was about 10:30 at night and Charlotte couldn't stay out too late tonight since she has school tomorrow. I do too but I still stay out some days. We said our goodbyes and started walking to her house.

"I had a great time today, thanks Johnny."

"No problem, I had a real good time too thanks to you." She smiled and blushed. It was a bit chilly out at night so we hurried along to her house so we could get there sooner.

We got inside, her parents were asleep, they both had work in the morning.

"I think I'm gonna sleep in my room tonight, you can too if you want." She grabbed clothes from her drawers and left to the bathroom to change. She came back and handed me clothes.

"My stepdad has a plain navy blue shirt you can wear tomorrow, you wouldn't fit in his jeans, and the shirt may be baggy but is don't want you to keep wearing the same clothes." I nodded and laid on her bed, she came next to me. I wrapped my arms around her and played with her hair. She turned around, she looked so adorable.

"I really like you." I whispered to her.

"I really like you too Johnny." And with that I kissed her, It made me happy and I pulled the blankets up.

"Goodnight Johnny"

"Goodnight Charlotte." And with that we both fell asleep.