Chapter Sixteen

-Charlotte's POV-

It was finally October and it was a weekend. Johnny and I have been hanging out with the gang a lot more lately. It was 6:28 pm and i walked outside into the cool air. I looked around pacing back and forth wondering where my mom was. She hadn't been home for a few days and I was worried about her. Johnny also wasn't here to keep me company since he was sick and of course didn't want me to catch a cold. I quickly walked back inside to warm up and I went to the phone and dialed Ponyboy .
"Hello?" I heard on the other end of the phone recognizing it was soda.
"Um hey soda, it's Charlotte. I was wondering if you could maybe put pony on the phone i need to talk to him." After that I quickly heard soda yell for pony and another voice was talking to me.
"Hey Char how are you?"
"Um I'm fine, it's just my mom hasn't been home as you know and I'm scared being home. Can I possibly come over?" I bit my lip as I waited for an answer while I paced around the kitchen.
"Of course you can." I could tell he was smiling.
"Okay great I'll be by soon" with that I quickly put the phone down and grabbed a jacket and walked out.

I looked around the streets as the leaves fell and all I heard was the silent sound of wind and the crunch of leaves beneath my feet. I walked up to the curtis house and quickly opened the door.
As usual i spot all of the guys surrounding the TV on the floor and couch.
"Hi" I said quietly. All of their faces turned to me. I spot a familiar face which is johnny. He smiles with a gentle smile and I step over to sit with him.
"I heard you were scared."
"Yeah, I mean I'm home alone and my mom hasn't contacted me or even stepped in the house since Tuesday." Johnny grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze.
"Well anyways how are you?"
"I'm feeling better. You know I would want to stay with you when I'm sick but I can't risk both of us having a cold." I nodded and I knew he wouldn't want to stay home with his parents, I sure wouldn't if I were him.
"I'll stay over tonight now that I'm better. I missed you, I hope you know that."
"I missed you too." I put my head in the crook of his neck and tried to forget about whatever could have happened to my mom.

//
IS THIS AN OKAY CHAPTER? I FELT LIKE I COULD ACTUALLY WRITE TODAY!! :-)) LETS TRY TO GET TO 2K VIEWS AND PLEASE COMMENT HOW YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!
//