Chapter Eleven

I woke up to Charlotte.
"Hey Johnny wake up, we gotta get ready for school." I completely forgot about school.
"I don't want to get up!" I groaned.
"C'mon, my parents will drive us. I live too far away to walk." I got up and changed my shirt, Charlotte gave me another clean one. Charlotte was looking out the window.
"It's still kind of dark out."
"Yeah," I said. "It sure is."

-Charlottes point of view-

It was the end of the school day, my mom told me she wanted me to be home right away. I saw Johnny and waved to him, he ran over to me.
"Hey!" Johnny kissed me quickly.
"Hey I have to go home my mom wants to talk to me, I'm not really sure what it's about."
"I'll walk you home, if it's okay." Johnny shoved his hands in his pockets.
"Yeah that's fine. And then after she says what she needs to let's go do something."
"How bout we go out to eat, I'll pay." Johnny took out a cigarette and looked at me.
"Okay." It was a slow walk home, it was chilly out. We finally got to my house.
"Hey mum?" I yelled when I got in the house.
"I'm in my room!" She yelled back.
"So what do you need to tell me. Johnny stood at the doorway minding his own business.
"Hi Johnny."
Johnny waved and smiled to my mom.
"I don't want to be harsh on you Charlotte, but I have no other way to tell you it's something you need to know." I had a tight feeling in my stomach.
"Your aunt, as we all know she has cancer." I nodded. "She isn't going to get any better, this is going to be it." I started to cry, I didn't want to lose my aunt, she meant everything to me.
Johnny walked over to me and held my hand.
"Its going to be okay, we'll get through this."
"We can see her tomorrow, if she's well enough."
I nodded. "I don't want to just leave but I think I need to get out of all this right now, I'll be back later."
"Bye I love you Char!"
"I love you too mom!"
With that Johnny and I walked out of the house and he put his arm around me.

// I'm going to try to write more often, I've had finals and exams and tests for a while and I haven't been in the mood to write. And I finally have summer vacation! So feedback on my story would be great. I'm going to hopefully update later tonight!//