2

"So what are your thoughts on this girl? She seems to be kinda nice right?" commented Zelda. "Well yeah, she could kick our asses if we get on her bad side with just one spell. But isn't she rather cold? Or just really fond of herself. I can't read what she's thinking" objected Revali. He got off the branch with one swift move of his wings and is now standing at the fire. "I don't think you have the right to talk about arrogance Mr. I'm better than everyone. She probably just needs some time getting used to this new environment and all these new people. If I remember correctly the first time we all meet, you were also rather silent and only loud if you saw a chance to brag about either your skill or Rito village. The birdman huffs in annoyance. "She does have a rather cute face" a round of nodding starts in the circle. "You actually think that already? How long is she here an hour? Maybe two and you're wrapped around here finger as if she cast a hex on you. That's probably it. I'm just way superior to not fall for it." hissed Revali. "That was just rude! We all know that you have an attitude and sometimes say things you don't mean, but this went to far! Go to bed and think about what you've done wrong." grumbled Urbosa. The bird crosses his arms and speedwalks to his bed, not wanting to be confronted by Zelda. Zelda looks after Revali and sighs while shacking her head slightly. "This is either going to be the start of a love story or rather a rivalry worse than that between him and Link" murmured she before also going to bed.

...

Dawn sets in and the first birds chirps make their appearance. This is the call for Revali to wake up. He puts his blanket aside and puts his armor on. At last he succors his blue scarf, with his divine beast stitched on, around his neck. He grabs is quiver and bow and walk out. Stopping right outside mesmerized by the sunrise. He walks forward only to be stopped by a familiar figure in his sight. 'Is that, no it can't be right? Is that (y/n)? Why is she up so early in the morning. The saying goes the early bird catches the worm, not the early non-hylian. Hopefully she won't notice me. I have no nerve to deal with her first thing in the morning.' The princess of Kantla turns around, to Revalis demise. "Good morning Revali, how did you sleep?" her face is plastered with a small smile upon seeing the male. She didn't know as to why she would just smile around a stranger. She paid that thought no more mind and concentrated on the person in front of her. He seems to be a little startled. Didn't expect such a nice greeting but on the other hand expecting it. Someone that wants to get the affection and trust of others would always be friendly at the beginning. "H-hello. May I ask what are you doing so early in the morning?" Revali screams at himself internally for stuttering but also for letting his gentleman side take over in front of a girl. "Well this is my normal time of waking up you see. The training is taken very seriously in my land. I always had to wake up hours before dawn just to train walking and running with different weapons. It sounds silly I know, but a lot of people run very awkwardly with their axes and lose precious time and speed through it." she never loses her smile, it only grows by talking to him. Is he using magic on her? Is that an ability from the Rito she didn't learn yet? She doesn't care. It feels nice talking with someone that doesn't judges her just because she's a princess from a far off land. Intrigued by this new found topic Revali actually wants to talk some more with her. "How about we sit down and continue this conversation over breakfast?" Revali sheepishly scratches his cheek, "Sounds like a plan to me" Both sit down at the bonfire spot, fortunately there's a cooking pot over it. (y/n) packs out out a mushroom, an egg, salt and goat butter. "So how did you train when you were small?" the female asks while mixing the ingredients together in the hot pot. The champion shifts a bit on his seat making himself comfortable. "I had to wake up at dawn with no real time to get ready, just quickly putting on clothes, getting my bow and then fly to our shooting range. It was hard at first getting used to not being able to sleep for to long, but I got accustomed after two weeks or so. Now it's my daily routine. All my fans get up at around an hour or so after sunrise, that way I can get to practice without having to deal with annoying questions" he makes a small pose with his wings, trying to prove how much better he is by doing that. (y/n) only giggles lightly, she's not used to people behaving like that. It's so new and refreshing. Revali, being caught off guard by the giggle, turns his gaze abruptly at the woman. A small blush being visible on his cheeks, he feels the heat on his face and tries hiding it by looking away. (y/n) looks at the Rito and notices his red dots on his cheek for the first time, unintentionally ignoring the blush he's hiding. "Do all Ritos have these cute blush spots on their face?" She gets a little closer inspecting the red feathers. "Uwah! Don't get to close." blurted out Revali unconsciously. Awkward silence. "Y-you'll get your hair into the food!" The food! She forgot about it because of all this small talk. She quickly spoons the mushroom omelet out of the pot and places two same sized portions on two plates. With a small 'here' she hands Revali a plate over and they begin eating. The sound of cutlery and wooden plates and a soft breeze flowing replacing the silence.

...

They talked, after finishing the food, some more and soon everyone woke up. "Princess (y-" "Ah ah What'd I say yesterday? Just call ma (y/n)" interrupted (y/n) "Yes, (y/n), would it be ok for you to show us your strength?" continued Zelda "We all know that you're a great magic user, but how well can you use weapons. I want you to have a duel with every champion with their respective favored weapon. Urbosa has her one handed sword "Scimitar of the Seven", Daruk has his two handed sword "Boulder Breaker", Mipha with her her 'Lightscale Trident" and lastly Revali with his "Great Eagle bow". Which one will you choose first?" She looks at every champion, not being able to make a choice, she just grasps the handle of the sword she's currently having on her. She pulls out a sword, similar to the Royal Broadsword, but with a blueish white instead of the golden yellow and some strange carvings at the handle. She holds it in her dominant hand, as it is only a one hander. She points the blade at Urbosa asking indirectly for a match. Urbose waists no second and gets her trusty dagger out. The Gerudo runs towards the Kantlanian and swings at her opponents stomach area.... (A/N: I'm super bad at describing fighting scenes.... so just skip to the last match with our birdy)

"You have defeated each of the champions with bravura I'm impressed, the last person is still standing in front of you. Because you can't really have a "friendly fight" in the realm of archery, we just made up a small contest, the person who shoots the most game in that small forest down there" Zelda points to the woods that lay before them " in the span of 5 minuets, wins. Ready. Set. Gooo!" Revali uses his wings for an advantage and fly's on a tree, pore (y/n) is left to walk in. Not long after she spots a fox, she gets an arrow from her quiver and puts it in her soldiers bow. Unfortunately her hands arn't as skilled as the ones from a master at archery and it takes her three trys before actually being able to shoot. Just as she was about to shoot it, an arrow pierces through the little creatures head. There goes her prey. She rushes away trying not to be seen by the champion. Thoughts fogging her mind ' It's going to be super embarrassing showing a little to no hunt at the end. Oh god.'

...

"Time's up! Everyone come back to me and show me what you have." cheered Zelda. Revali is the one to appear first, he brings 8 pieces of Meat and 3 pieces of Prime Meat. His proud face showing how much he enjoyed working with his bow. Soon after comes (y/n) with two normal Meat in hand, her sour look giving all her emotions away. "Eh? Only two Meat? Are you sure you weren't holding back?" mused Revali. "I'm sorry... I was never good with a bow... Sorry to disappoint you." (y/n) lowers her head in shame. After seeing her so insecure about her archery skills , Revali feels bad for teasing her in such a way. " Now look at what you've done, you made (y/n) sad! You better apologize now Mister" threatens Daruk. "Ieeeh!" Revali lets out a small shriek of terror upon hearing the threat. "I deeply apologize for saying such a thing, without taking account of yourself. I am very sorry." he took the meat from her hands and puts it to his pile. He reaches out to take her hand and squeezes it lightly. "Look at me" demanded Revali. The girl does as she was asked to. Her (e/c) orbs looking into his emerald green ones. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Why does he go as far as to apologize so often? He doesn't know. "Apology accepted. I do need to work on shooting arrows." She says, still looking into his eyes. "Ok lovebirds," The bird quickly lets go of (y/n)s hands and shuffles a few centimeters away. "I have made a decision. (y/n) you are more than just skilled with normal weapons, but the bow and arrow give you difficulties. Revali I want you to train (y/n). She is our strongest unit and if she ever gets into a life and death situation and the only way to survive is through shooting arrows, then she'd be doomed." Revali nods "I want everyone to journey with me to Hyrule castle." orders Zelda. Everyone makes their way to their horses.

...

The journey was peacefull with no encounter what so ever. And soon after a days ride the seven are at their destination.

Last edited: 19.11.18