4

A huge owl like person is seated right before (y/n). His beard feathers are braided into a simple plait. His aura basically screams wise elderly chief. "Chief Kaneli, I've brought you a guest. This is princess (y/n) from the kingdom of Kantla, she's here to help us champions with the Calamity." "It is a pleasure meeting someone from so far away" hooted Kaneli. "The pleasure is all mine." replied (y/n). "Tell me, are the rumors true? Has the royal family been under attack of revolutionaries?" asked the old bird. "Unfortunately I'm not allowed to give out any kind of information on that matter... but we are in a completely different country. I can only tell you so much, but you have to never tell anyone what you're about to hear. That also goes for you Revali, tell a soul and I'll have a hole army search for your head." Revali shudders by the thought of having a hole army wanting to see him dead. He gulps down the thought and just nods. Kaneli nods in understandment of the consequences that may lead after having a small rumor being correct. "A small portion of our Cun warriors have gained a diffrent opinion. They no longer want a king ruling over them, they want something where everyone can decide. That's just crazy right? Everyone making the decisions, that would be complete chaos. And well long story short they've been trying to kill the king more then once. They're probably making a plan on how to throw the king off his thrown right now." Revali has his beak wide open. Kaneli has one wing on his chin, thinking on this new found information. "In other words, your arrival here is not only a help for the Calamity, but also an insurance that at least one royal memeber is alive if a worst case scenario happens?" Kaneli wonders out "Correct" The owl puts his wing back on the hand rest. "Well in any case I still welcome you to our village, may your stay be nice and pleasant." "Thank you." They exchanged some more words and it was again time for (y/n) and Revali to move. "Revali I'm hungry, is there a place where we can get some food?" "We have a bakery just around the corner. Let's head there" ...

"Wooow they have so many good looking pastries here! I've never seen any of those. Excuse me miss?" a female Rito stands behind the counter and seems just to be delighted by the childlike behavior of this stranger. "With what are these swirly ones filled?" "The cinnamon rolls? As the name says there's cinnamon in them, but also a bit of vanilla cream here and there to make them not to dry." (y/n) has practical sparkles in her eyes upon hearing about the sugary goodness. Revali just chuckles and grabs his purse. "I'll take four of those cinnamon rolls and two Revali cupcakes" The clerk packs the requested items in a bag. "That'll be 14 rupees please." He pays and practical drags (y/n) out of the small shop. "Have you ever been on a divine beast?" (y/n) looks at him puzzled. She has never heard of them. On cue a loud robotic screeching could be heard from above. She looks up seeming surprised by the sudden loud noise. An enormous bird like robot is flying circling the village. How could she not see it before? We may never know. The Rito by her side got an idea at the sight of the surprised girl. "Come with me I know where we can eat." They both walk to Revalis landing and he suddenly crouches down at the end. "Get on my back, where we'll eat can only be accessed by flying" (y/n) being now very confused obeys and clings to his back. His soft feathers tickling her face a little. He takes off with a burst of speed and (y/n)s grips gets even stronger. Revali lands in Vah Medoh. They're in a room with a huge window showing everything of the outside world. There's also a door that's probably leading to the control room or something. They both sit down in front of the window and Revali packs out the treats he bought. He grabs a cinnamon roll and bites into it (A/N: How do Ritos eat? I don't know). (y/n) does the same, the sweetness spreading out in her mouth. "Mmm itschs shooo goowd" She puts her hand on her cheek and smiles with content at eating this delicious dessert. "Have you never learned not to talk while your mouth's full?" said Revali with a teasing tone. She swallows and smiles at him. "I did, I am a princess after all, but when I'm around you I feel like I can show you my true self. Weird isn't it? I've only known you for a couple days and I already trust you more than a lot of people. Why is that? Maybe we're meant to be best friends since the beginning!"

"Well I don't feel nearly annoyed around you then when I'm around other people, so that's probably true. To be honest I've never had a best friend before. What do they do?"

"They tell each other everything, like all their secrets, what's on their mind etc. but they also do mostly everything together. I can be wrong but that is how it should be."

"You know my secret so it's only fair that you tell me one of yours!"

"Ok ok you're right. Hmm... I have the biggest fear ever of being touched. I totally freak out and panic when someone that I don't or just barley know touches me. The reason to that is a long story."

"I have time, the sun is still up and there is still a lot of food left"

"So one day my parents were on a normal stroll through the village. I was tagging along and well I was five at the time so I saw something interesting and ran up to it, parting with my parents. I went into an alleyway and soon a man found me. He was all but kind and started t-touching me in weird places, I could scream for help and fortunately my father found me right after. That man was sentenced to death but that did traumatize me till this very day. Please don't tell this anyone ok?"

"Of course. I'm proud that you told me this. If anyone even looks at you the wrong way I will tear them to shreds"

(y/n) giggles to that statement and eats another cinnamon roll. She keeps her gaze looked to the sun setting in the background, while Revali just stares at her. A small feeling he has never felt before spreading out in his chest. "Have you tried a cupcake yet? They're absolutely delicious." (y/n) grabs a dark blue cupcake and takes off the wrapper before taking a bite out of it. the insides are filled with blueberries and also chocolate chips. A delightful suprise. After finishing Revali stands up and walks towards the door. (y/n) looks after him. "Hey, where are you going?" "I'm getting something." He walks out of the door and comes back with blankets and pillows. "It would be just dumb spending 20 rupees at the inn if you can sleep here" He grins and lays the things out. (y/n) jumps under the covers and snuggles into her pillow. "These are sooo soft and warm. What are they made of?" asks the curious girl. "Only the finest Rito feathers! I wouldn't own anything with a lower quality haha!" he bragged. (y/n)s face drops. "H-how d-do you get the feathers Revali?" Revali only averts eye contact and concentrates at the wall behind her with a rather rattled and disturbed look. "Revali how do you get the feathers!?" (y/n) nearly shouts in terror. Her horrified figure sitting under, what she assumes to be a dead Rito blanket. "Just kidding. Our feathers sometimes fall off while flying and the young ones have their first feather coat fall off at some point to get a new one. Relax, nothing bad happens." (y/n) lets a sigh of relief out and lays back down, way more calm laying under this blanket. Revali lays himself next to her under his one blanket and pillow, making himself also cozy. "Good night (y/n), sweet dreams." "Good night Revali" And both drift of to well deserved sleep.

Last edited: 23.11.18