9

"(Y/N)!" frantic flapping of wings can be heard and soon a hard force hits (y/n). She automatically closes her eyes only to open them again as the impact forms into a strong embrace. She gladly hugs back, being finally able to see her best friend/chrush again. "It's been too long. How have you been Revali?" He takes some time to reply. "Lonely..." he doesn't stop hugging. It really has been too long since he has taken in her scent, has felt her warm embrace and lastly seen her beautiful face. (y/n) lets go after some time indicating she no longer wants to hug. "I've missed you too. Now come, I want to go to Vah Medoh and tell you all the things that happened!" Revali chuckles because of her excitement. "OK let's."

...

"And then Zelda said 'well if you no longer want to search for this shrine, then tell me what we should do instead? Do you know how else we could beat Ganon ?' And Urbosa just replied with a 'with weapons of course' and everyone laughed. That was like one of my highlights of the day haha... What did you do while I was gone?" (y/n) asks cuddled up in her blanket, still a little used to the heat at the volcano. " I trained... And waited till yo- a message from the princess arrives." he quickly caught himself in mid sentence. "Wow what a boring life you have" giggles (y/n). Both spend the rest of the night talking with each other till (y/n) states she wants to go to bed. They bid each other a goodnight and the female soon falls asleep. The Rito on the other hand takes some time to stare at the sleeping person next to him. 'should I? Should I tell her my feelings? No, not now maybe tomorrow. Yes that's a good idea.' he thinks before driving of to sleep. 

...

(y/n) and Revali take a stroll through Rito Village and soon discover, that today is a special day! Day of the flowers to be exact. Every corner is decorated with colourful flowers. The small children are making flower crowns and the adults are dancing to traditional music or enjoying many of the biscuits and cookies made just for this day. "You couldn't have come any better time than now! This is one of our biggest holidays after the Rito festival. Today we celebrate Hylia blessing us with the gift of nature." Revali states after seeing the confused and mesmerized (y/n). "Oh! Then why don't we go celebrate with them?" her eyes sparkle with delight. She has never seen such a festival. Her kingdom only celebrates the birth of this country and sometimes when crops have grown well that year. To make festivities just because nature exists, man she has to tell her family about this and maybe introduce some more events there. Revali looks a bit to the side. "I've never really been to the flower festival. You can only dance if you have a partner, the cookies are the same as regular ones, the only difference is that they have a flower shape, and people talk to me and it just annoys me to be here." he pouts a bit at the end,  remembering the time huge masses called him out, the last time he was there, on what an asshole he actually is. "But now I'm here! Come on!" (y/n) takes his arm and tries to drag him forward. "I want to learn how to make flower crowns from the kids!" Revali sees nothing bad with that and lets himself be dragged to the small children sitting at one of the many landing places, but not Revalis landing, that is the dance floor. "Hey there~ I've got a small request" the four differently coloured birds look at the human woman curiously. "Could you teach me how to make one of these beautiful crowns you are making?" The kids look at each other questionably. They form a small circle and discuss with each other in hushed voices. Revali, already bored, walks a bit away and leans on the wall nearest to the landing spot. "Why do you want to know? These crown making technics are our sacred skill! We won't teach someone who just wants to know because she wants one for herself!" a light pink child says. "Yeah!" "that's right!" "Why? Why?" the other small add. "Well..." (y/n) looks back at Revali to make sure he's out of earshot and walks up to the light pink kid, "you see, I want to make one for my best friend Revali. He said he didn't enjoy this party so I wanted to at least make it bearable with a gift. And what not better present than a flower crown!" the light pink and a light yellow child nod, the orange one looks at (y/n) as if she has an idea about what's really going on and the red one looks at Revali suspiciously. "That guy actually has friends? You sure he sees you as a friend?" Redy asks, still not believing one bit. (y/n) thinks for a bit and then replies, "Have you ever seen Revali smile. Like a genuine smile?" everyone shakes their head. "Watch this." (y/n) turns 180 degrees and makes eye contact with said male. She smiles and waves. He waves back, a bit puzzled as to why she'd just wave like that. (y/n) puts her fingers at the corners of her mouth and tugs her mouth to a smile, signalling he should do the same. Revali let's out a slight chuckle and smiles at the childlike behaviour. The woman turns back around, proud of the thing she's achieved. The kids look at her shocked. "You were not lying. Wow never seen him this happy! Someone might mistake him for someone entirely else! Haha OK come here stranger let's show you how to do a perfect flower crown." "I'm (y/n) by the way" "I'm Rosella" the light pink points to the yellow one "this is Enid" she points to the orange child "Cindy" and then points to the red kid " and Joy!" "It's nice to meet you! Now then let's start!" the children laugh and start with showing her which flowers to choose. 

...

"Done!" (y/n) holds up a flower crown with white and blue flowers. "Thank you so much everyone. I had a lot of fun with you, but I've got to give this to Revali and enjoy the rest of this event." (y/n) gets up and is about to leave, but Cindy stops her. "Here" Cindy presents a (f/c) flower crown. "this is for you. Thank you for playing with us! Could you lower your head so I can put it on you?" "Of course" (y/n) does as she was asked to and soon has the flower crown resting on her head. "Have a nice festival (y/n)!" "you too!". She walks over to the resting Revali. He must have sit down after a while and then doze of. (y/n) quickly places the crown she's made on his head and then wakes him up. "Hey Revali! It's time to wake up!" "Huh ughmmm" he groggily mumbles out. After taking some moments to wake properly up he remembers where exactly he is. He gets up and dusts himself of before properly replying to (y/n). "You took so long! At least you could make a flower crown for yourself. It came out quite nicely if I do say so myself." (y/n) giggles a little "I didn't make this one. Check your head, that is made by me." Revali touches the flower crown on his head and takes it off. He examines the handwork. "it's... Perfect." he mumbles out loud. To his dismay, (y/n) could hear his compliment and now wears an even bigger smile on her face, making Revali blush. "C-come there's more to see around h-here." he takes her hand in his and drags her to a stand with backed goods. After they've left Rosella, Enid, Cindy and Joy starts giggling and talking to each other. They saw every bit of this small exchange and knew that these two like each other more than just best friends. 

...

(y/n) stares intently at all the handmade cookies and cakes. One cuter then the other. The variety is huge and she only can eat so many biscuits. Should she take the white bunny one or the purple flower. "And do you know what you'll get?" asks Revali, hoping to get to know what she likes. "I don't know everything looks so good!" "Then why don't you take this (f/c) Rose shaped cookie?" "Oh my God I haven't even seen that one! There's just to many! Yes I'll take two of those (f/c) roses." (y/n) pays and gets her goods handed to her. She immediately starts nibbling on one and offers the other to Revali. He thanks her and starts eating his too. 

... 

Lunch time, or as the people say: "the perfect time to go dance!" With people I mean of course (y/n). She said that. "You sure? You need a partner and I'm so not willing to dance here." (y/n) pouts and faked to angrily look away. "I'm NoT wIlLiNg To DaNcE" she mocks. "Why don't you just enjoy this with me. I'll promise you won't regret it!" he contemplates the outcomes in his head and comes to a decision. "Fine but once too many people notice us I'm gone faster then Link running to the dinning hall for lunch." (y/n) laughs and takes his hand (out of a starting habit) and walks over to Revalis landing. Only two pairs are dancing, but that's what you get from a small village. (y/n) walks to the only free space and waits for Revali to show her how this dance works everyone is dancing. " OK you place your right hand in mine and your left on my shoulder. I'll lead the rest so just copy me, got it?" "Yes!"He places his left hand on her waist and so the two started their slow and wobbly dance. (y/n) got the hang of this dance pretty early, Revali was the one to fail sometimes. He did wall on (y/n)s feet for more then just sometimes. (y/n) had to take the lead, but soon he also got the hang of it. After that he took the lead again.

...

They danced the day away and soon the sun starts to set. All the other pairs got off the dance floor, and (y/n) and Revali soon got tired from all that dancing. (y/n) took her chance and lays her head on his chest to rest for a bit. She expected him to object of her actions, but he did nothing but place his other arm on her shoulder. She can hear his heartbeat, fast and steady. "hey uhm (y/n)." His heartbeat fastens. "Yes?" she looks up. "There's something I have to tell you. I l-" *BUUUUMMM CRASHHHH* (y/n) gets off of him and turns to the horizon. Her face instantly drops after seeing this horrifying thing. Calamity Ganon has fully awakended and is now on his way to destroy Hyrule.

Last edited: 30.11.18