1

"Damn, you look familiar," a male voice spoke from behind me, startling me quite a bit.

I sighed quietly to myself, praying to Superman that nobody would recognise me here.

I turned around to find a young man dressed in black skinny jeans and a white Rolling Stones tee shirt, looking at me with a curious expression. I had to take a moment to breathe and tried not to make it seem too obvious that I immediately found him very attractive.

I was afraid of him having seen the pictures of me if he found me familiar. I just hoped that he wouldn't connect the dots and would simply be confused as to where he remembered me from.

"That's highly unlikely," I cleared my throat and managed to seem rather unfazed, "I'm new."

His brows raised a little, arms casually folded over his chest as he took me in, his dark features portraying the tiniest hint of excitement, "you're a freshman too? You look a little... young?"

I glanced away, hoping the vice chancellor's secretary would be back soon with my schedule. I had just graduated from high school early and had wanted to move far away from all the prying eyes of those who'd seen the leaked nudes. It was nightmarish to think they might actually have spread this far; the thought made me squeamish.

"I graduated early," I told him briefly, an uncomfortable feeling growing in my tummy.

The longer dark his eyes stayed on me, the more I felt like he would soon come to a devastating conclusion.

"Oh, that's cool. You like a nerd, or something?" He gave me a small grin, not seeming at all aware of where he might know me from, and I wanted to keep it that way.

I let out an awkward laugh, not meeting his gaze for more than a few short seconds before looking away, "I wouldn't call myself a nerd..."

"Here you go, Miss Darling," I heard the secretary's voice from behind me. I almost sighed in relief before turning back around and accepting the piece of paper with a grateful smile.

"Thank you," my voice was soft. I then quickly slipped past the good looking man to leave the office.

"I like your last name," I heard his voice following me just as I had opened the door.

"Thanks," I murmured, adjusting my backpack over my shoulder after I'd stepped out of the office and into the hallway leading to the main entrance.

My hopes of walking in peace were rudely crushed at the sound of his low voice once again.

"You have a first name to go along with it?"

I glanced back quickly to find him following me with a faint smile, purely radiating a carefreeness a few steps behind me.

"Yes..." I began hesitantly, not knowing exactly what to do at this point, "I'm Isis."

"I'm Jacob, friends call me Jake," he suddenly extended his hand forwards for me to shake as my steps slowed down by the main entrance, his smile widening, "nice to meet you, Isis."

I felt like muttering aloud, but instead awkwardly shook his hand, probably sporting a little blush all the while. The light stubble on his face along with his slightly curly, slicked back and darkened warm brown hair had a lot of girls blushing, I was sure. Not to mention his intense dark eyes.